Custom Paint on my 2008 FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevinmorris22

Reaction score
I busted out Photoshop over the weekend and played around with some custom paint schemes for my FJR.

What do you guys think?

FJR1300_Custom_Paint_Job1.jpg

Kevin

RiderGroups.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, Now I just need to find someone in the Dallas / Fort Worth area who can do the job. I am looking for a swap, free advertising on my site at RiderGroups.com in exchange for the custom paint job on my FJR.

Anybody know any good painters who want to expand their business? :rolleyes:

I busted out Photoshop over the weekend and played around with some custom paint schemes for my FJR.

What do you guys think?

Kevin

RiderGroups.com
That's really hot, be careful Yamaha may steal this one.

WOW. Your stealing my thunder here,that's almost spot on to what I have on paper in my garage.

Were you have the orange color, I went with Cadillac Red Metallic.

Were you have the silver color, I went with Cadillac Mid-Gray Metallic.

Look's really good great job. Oh don't worry about Yamaha stealing this idea,

most of us on this forum will be dead by then. (Same old,Same old,Same old)....................20?

Thanks, our color profiles on our monitors may be a bit off.

Here is what I was shooting for color wise:

Red = Ducati Red

White

Black

It may be a little hard to see depending on how your monitor displays shades of red in comparison to mine.

WOW. Your stealing my thunder here,that's almost spot on to what I have on paper in my garage.

Were you have the orange color, I went with Cadillac Red Metallic.

Were you have the silver color, I went with Cadillac Mid-Gray Metallic.

Look's really good great job. Oh don't worry about Yamaha stealing this idea,

most of us on this forum will be dead by then. (Same old,Same old,Same old)....................20?

I like that a lot. I was thinking of respraying mine due to numerous rock chips and dings. I may need to reconsider my paint scheme. I would possibly do that for someone for about $800 plus any shipping costs as long as I can find the paint locally (not Colorrite).

I like that a lot. I was thinking of respraying mine due to numerous rock chips and dings. I may need to reconsider my paint scheme. I would possibly do that for someone for about $800 plus any shipping costs as long as I can find the paint locally (not Colorrite).
Really?? $800+/- for the whole bike? That I sounds like a smoking deal.

The parts would need to be clean and all appurtenances removed. No real fancy paint either like Colorrite, which costs about $200/qt. We're talking basic automotive BC/CC urethane paint. I think I can do it in 3 colors for $800.

Cool, you can have the design for free...if you paint mine too. :p

I suppose replacing the Red with Hi-Viz Lime Yellow

would not be considered a good look by most forum members.
undecided.gif

Personally, I'd also probably want to add more color to the lower third of the bags.
wink.gif

I like it! The second version with red on top of the saddlebags. Red/Black always go good together. Very tough looking. :yahoo:

The only thing I don't like (I'm being picky here) is the rectangle stock "FJR" logo under the seat. I really like the Yamaha tank logo...but I always felt they dropped the ball bigtime on the ugly, basic, rectangle, no design creativity of the FJR seat logo on the Gen II bikes. It's like a complete afterthought and they said "Shit...we forgot the FJR logo. Just throw that cheap block one on there". I think the Gen I logo on the fairing is 10 times better looking IMO.

So if your going to do a custom paint job, I say pull off the stock FJR logo under the seat and do something more creative. Maybe have someone airbrush a nice one off logo on the fairing or something? Just a thought.

Thanks for the input, I am in the process of trying to work out a deal with a couple of paint shops to see if I can make my Photoshop work in to a reality.

BTW: I looked at some of your video work the other day. You do good stuff! Would like to chat sometime with you about your video work flow etc and bounce a few ideas off each other.

Take care,

Kevin

I like it! The second version with red on top of the saddlebags. Red/Black always go good together. Very tough looking. :yahoo:

The only thing I don't like (I'm being picky here) is the rectangle stock "FJR" logo under the seat. I really like the Yamaha tank logo...but I always felt they dropped the ball bigtime on the ugly, basic, rectangle, no design creativity of the FJR seat logo on the Gen II bikes. It's like a complete afterthought and they said "Shit...we forgot the FJR logo. Just throw that cheap block one on there". I think the Gen I logo on the fairing is 10 times better looking IMO.

So if your going to do a custom paint job, I say pull off the stock FJR logo under the seat and do something more creative. Maybe have someone airbrush a nice one off logo on the fairing or something? Just a thought.

That's really hot, be careful Yamaha may steal this one.
They need to do something!!!
Yamaha needs to offer one standard color per year and one special edition paint scheme similar to this one Kevin is thinking of each year for the FJR. Lots of other manufacturers do that on a lot of their models.

For whatever reason the ST crowd is always just one basic solid colors per year. I guess they figure we're all anal engineering types that are not interested in aesthetics. Well we're not all left brainers! lol Some of us appreciate a sweet paint job.

Thanks for the input, I am in the process of trying to work out a deal with a couple of paint shops to see if I can make my Photoshop work in to a reality.
I'd really like to see how this bike turns out if you end up getting it done. I think it will look great!