New Axle Lift

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well, I was getting around to lube up some of the underbelly parts like the centerstand and suspension links and I was pondering how to keep the FJR's rear end up. I looked a bit on the web for an axle jack, but didn't really find anything. Since I am now unemployed from my day job, I rummaged through my steel stockpile and decided I had enough material so I could make my own:

P1010860.jpg

P1010861.jpg

Works sweet and is adjustable for front and rear wheels as shown. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, it will let you swing the centerstand. I'm pondering setting up a group buy. Cost for the unit with (4) axle hubs (front & rear) would need to be about $115 plus shipping. I would powdercoat it in your choice of a basic color. This is made from heavy duty material - schedule 40 pipe and 1/8" wall sq tube.

Yes, it will let you swing the centerstand. I'm pondering setting up a group buy. Cost for the unit with (4) axle hubs (front & rear) would need to be about $115 plus shipping. I would powdercoat it in your choice of a basic color. This is made from heavy duty material - schedule 40 pipe and 1/8" wall sq tube.
Put me on your list Mr. Garauld!! :clapping:

Put me down for one as well Please. I need it yesterday.....

You're stuff is all over my FJR. :yahoo:

Very nice! No offense, but I hope you don't get a day job anytime soon because I can't wait to see what else you come up with!!!

Gary, since your GenI is an ABS model I hope that means that you've designed it such that the front wheel can come off on the stand. The reason I mention this is because I have a front stand which would work fine on a non-ABS bike but on the ABS models it interferes with the removal of the ABS sensor...

Do you have any plans to make one for the Gen2 bikes? I guess the 'axle hubs' would need to be different.

If you do, count me in, all we would need to do is figure out a way to get it to the UK & past the prying eyes and grasping fingers of HMRC and their agents :rolleyes: .

Don

I hope that means that you've designed it such that the front wheel can come off on the stand.
It is not designed for wheel removal - it is an axle lift.
Hi Gary,

My point was that based on my experience with front stand I have now is that it would only take about maybe a 1/4 inch more and it would allow the ABS sensor to clear the side of the stand, so if you're making this from scratch it might make sense to see if it's possible to put in this "tweak" to make the axle stand even more useful.