Beer Swap at NAFO

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Count me in, stopped and picked up a Barelywine and IPA at FullSail Brewery in Hood River, OR yesterday. However, they might not last until then so maybe another trip is in the future. :)

Count me in, stopped and picked up a Barelywine and IPA at FullSail Brewery in Hood River, OR yesterday. However, they might not last until then so maybe another trip is in the future. :)
I'm guessing that should be a Barleywine?

I like their lineup. I think I see a 'tasting trip south' coming up :drinks:

Al

Al, anytime you head this way let me know. I love visiting deschuttes, fullsail, and a few other area breweries = any excuse is a good one.

mmmmmmm.......EsquiMALT...........Phillips Brewing Company

they rawk

:blink:
Thanks for that. Don't think I've seen any of their offerings up here - a mission for tomorrow :)

Sounds like some good selections for NAFO. But Coffee Stout? :puke:

philips.jpg

Al

Hop Circle IPA is too hoppy for me, haven't tried the coffee stout, BUT....

the double chocolate porter and the raspberry wheat ale are both amazing

Regret to inform you, I just drank all the supply I intended to bring to the swap. :unsure:

Glad to inform you, it was just pretty doggone good. ;)

At least I have over a month to procure some more items for the swap. :)

Guess I am no better than zzzip as I drained my stash for trading.

Looks like a Brewery trip is in order the weekend before NAFO so I have something to trade. Barleywine was amazing as always just got to watch out for that 14%; it sneaks up on you.

Have sampled a coffee stout or two and they are definitely morning beverages!!!

Guess I am no better than zzzip as I drained my stash for trading.

Looks like a Brewery trip is in order the weekend before NAFO so I have something to trade. Barleywine was amazing as always just got to watch out for that 14%; it sneaks up on you.

Have sampled a coffee stout or two and they are definitely morning beverages!!!
Just can't get my head around coffee stout :bad:

Guess I'll have to make the supreme sacrifice and try one for breakfast.

See you at NAFO.

Al.

Oh, how much can we bring into Canada. I've never taken beer into Canada. :huh:
As much as you like as long as you don't get caught. Canadian Border Services don't usually care about the watered down piss you Yanks drink anyways. If Carver shows up with Coors Light I'm calling US Homeland Security and turning Carver in as a terrorist. :p

Here is some info from the Duty-Free Website ...

WHAT YOU CAN BRING INTO CANADA

For U.S. Citizens coming into Canada:

Alcoholic Beverages

Visitors arriving in Ontario who are 19 years of age or older may import, duty and tax free, for personal use, either 1.5 litres (52.7 ounces) of wine or 1.14 litres (40 ounces) of liquor or spirits; or 24 x 355 mL (12 ounce) cans or bottles of beer, ale, or their equivalent. Visitors can import more alcoholic beverages (up to 45 litres or 11.9 U.S. gallons), if they are willing to pay the Ontario fees and taxes in addition to the duties that apply.

Tobacco Products

Visitors arriving in Ontario who are 19 years of age or older may import, duty and tax-free:

• 200 cigarettes
  • 50 cigars
  • 200 grams (7 ounces) of manufactured tobacco and
  • 200 tobacco sticks
The rules for Ontario and British Columbia are the same.
My math ain't so good at midnight on a Friday night (after a couple of adult beverages) but are you saying I can't bring over a 1.75 liter bottle of my favorite rum? How about if I add a few NE microbrews?

Looks like Shock Top is now owned by Budweiser and available about anywhere in the US, so it is not really worth bringing a few miles across the border.

So I'm out unless I can find a micro brew on the way.

Last edited by a moderator: