Beer Swap at NAFO

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FarWestFastEddie

Reaction score
I am going to bring a few local crafted beers to NAFO, hopefully to encourage a friendly beer swap. If everybody interested was to bring 2-3 beers from their local area, we could have quite a tasting party. Myself, I will bring 3 Lost Coast Brewery Great Whites or a Downtown Brown. I am hoping to trade for a Leninkugels if some one from the upper midwest would care to trade their fine lager beer for some flatassed overly hopped west coast crafted crapola ale.

I hope this sparks some common and international interest!

FWFE

I am going to bring a few local crafted beers to NAFO, hopefully to encourage a friendly beer swap. If everybody interested was to bring 2-3 beers from their local area, we could have quite a tasting party. Myself, I will bring 3 Lost Coast Brewery Great Whites or a Downtown Brown. I am hoping to trade for a Leninkugels if some one from the upper midwest would care to trade their fine lager beer for some flatassed overly hopped west coast crafted crapola ale.

I hope this sparks some common and international interest!

FWFE
Dibs on a Great White (my favorite!). The Mrs. and I will be packed to the gills so I may end up only able to bring a bottle cap for someone to sniff. Good idea FWFE!

I'll see if I can pack a few samples from Church Key Brewery ...

3-FOR-3 FOR CHURCH-KEY BREWING
DSCN0664.jpg

From left to right. Church-Key Owner John Graham, Head Brew master Doug Warren, Marketing Director Cary Tucker.

Church-Key Brewing picked up three Gold Medals at the second annual Canadian Brewing Awards held at the Duke of Westminster Pub in Toronto Church-Key's first gold medal came in the Scotch Ale competition as Holy Smoke was chosen Best of Category. In the Cream Ale Category, Church-Key's Northumberland Ale tied for the Gold Medal with Gulf Islands Salt Spring Golden Ale from British Columbia and Quebec's Microbrasserie du Lievre La Montoise. Church-Key's Decadent Chocolate Porter, flavored with cocoa from World's Finest Chocolate in Campbellford, tied for Gold in the Stout or Porter category with Black Oak Nutcracker from Oakville, Ontario and Boreale Noire from Quebec.

Dibs on a Great White (my favorite!). The Mrs. and I will be packed to the gills so I may end up only able to bring a bottle cap for someone to sniff. Good idea FWFE!
No Beer Stealing!! We already have FJRPierre for that. :angry2:

No Beer Stealing!! We already have FJRPierre for that. :angry2:
Bill is right CAJW, don't steal FJRPierre's job from him! FJRPierre: "The Official Beer Thief of CFR's and all NAFO's"!

I'll bring along three Arizona brewed craft beers, one of which will be from Papago Brewing. If I had a reason to ride back to Taos, oftentimes spelled Toas (by dumbasses such as HotRodZilla!), New Mexico I'd bring along a bottle of Eske's famous Hot Chile Peppers Beer. One sip of that would kill most Canuckistanis, maybe I'll bring along two bottles of Hot Chile Beer for FJRPierre!

l.jpg
color_logo_300.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll bring a very rare and expensive micro-brew available only in Idaho Falls (at our Walgreens stores). It's called Big Flats 1901. Due to the rarity and cost, I will trade one can for 3 bottled premium micro brews of your choice, and I will only have 12 to trade. :p

bigflatsnewcan.jpg

Coors Light anyone?
Hell, there still some of that shit left in my shop cooler. They will lower their standards to Miller or Bud lite but the Colorado Koolaid just doesn't work. In my drinking carrer I wasn't picky but I just drank for effect. :rolleyes:

Coors Light anyone?
...In my drinking career I wasn't picky but I just drank for effect. :rolleyes:
I'll drink to that, actually since I'm outside raking up the cactus needles and mesquite leaves I'm actually already drinking a Fat Tire Amber Ale.

OK, I lied about this "a" bullshit, since I started raking an hour ago I'm already on my third New Belgium Brewski! jes' sayin' and nuff' said Ray!

I'm in, not sure what I'll bring. We've got a couple of new local brewerys. I think I'll do a little research this weekend, just so I don't dissapoint.

Oh, how much can we bring into Canada. I've never taken beer into Canada. :huh:

Oh, how much can we bring into Canada. I've never taken beer into Canada. :huh:
As much as you like as long as you don't get caught. Canadian Border Services don't usually care about the watered down piss you Yanks drink anyways. If Carver shows up with Coors Light I'm calling US Homeland Security and turning Carver in as a terrorist. :p

Here is some info from the Duty-Free Website ...

WHAT YOU CAN BRING INTO CANADA

For U.S. Citizens coming into Canada:

Alcoholic Beverages

Visitors arriving in Ontario who are 19 years of age or older may import, duty and tax free, for personal use, either 1.5 litres (52.7 ounces) of wine or 1.14 litres (40 ounces) of liquor or spirits; or 24 x 355 mL (12 ounce) cans or bottles of beer, ale, or their equivalent. Visitors can import more alcoholic beverages (up to 45 litres or 11.9 U.S. gallons), if they are willing to pay the Ontario fees and taxes in addition to the duties that apply.

Tobacco Products

Visitors arriving in Ontario who are 19 years of age or older may import, duty and tax-free:

• 200 cigarettes
  • 50 cigars
  • 200 grams (7 ounces) of manufactured tobacco and
  • 200 tobacco sticks
The rules for Ontario and British Columbia are the same.

Famous beer lines heard at previous CFRs! :)

"Hi Don that's a fine looking beer you have there. I'll just take a little taste....

"Ey Scott let me hold your beer while you dig into that third lobster...

" Hey anyone got a cold one? All I've got is that warm stuff from my tankbag....

"Can I put my beer in your cooler? Oh look, it's the same brand as mine.. heh heh

" Hi guys, are you from <name any state>? What kind of beer do you drink back home? Must be tasty! Oh thanks don't mind if I do...

"Hey guys my treat! Beers all around! :yahoo: Whoops I'm all out, anyone going to the beer store..

"Oh look an honor bar, I'll donate my collection of early Canadian pennies...

"Mem forgot to restock my fridge (again)

Famous beer lines heard at previous CFRs! :)

"Hi Don that's a fine looking beer you have there. I'll just take a little taste....

"Ey Scott let me hold your beer while you dig into that third lobster...

" Hey anyone got a cold one? All I've got is that warm stuff from my tankbag....

"Can I put my beer in your cooler? Oh look, it's the same brand as mine.. heh heh

" Hi guys, are you from <name any state>? What kind of beer do you drink back home? Must be tasty! Oh thanks don't mind if I do...

"Hey guys my treat! Beers all around! :yahoo: Whoops I'm all out, anyone going to the beer store..

"Oh look an honor bar, I'll donate my collection of early Canadian pennies...

"Mem forgot to restock my fridge (again)
Trust me, NAFO / CFR is still three months away from now. By then, FJRPierre will have another six sure fired lines to use to spirit your beer away. The Man is Truly a Master, at Beer Thievery!

He even tricks our Canuck Bungie and you have to get up pretty damn early in the morning to fool Steve-O! jes' sayin' and nuff' said!

PS: If memory serves me well, I don't think that I have ever seen FJRPierre steal a beer from FJRob1300: I think he is afraid of the "Polar Bear" hockey goalie!

I'll see if I can pack a few samples from Church Key Brewery ...
Bill you know these folks won't like all those warm shook up suds as they travel 4,000 kms. The other thing you're forgetting is I'm travelling with you and will insist they be kept in a cooler in the event an emergency arises, like when the sun rises or the sun sets or it's noon........ This beer tasting gig ain't likely gonna fly, jes sayin'.