The Camel Toe Ride

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice RR. I like seeing new and different places folks use their FJRs. I'll look forward to seeing more from Abu Dhabi in the future.

PS - The octane ratings for fuel "over there" are not the same as "over here". There, like most of the rest of the civilized world, they use the RON rating for fuel octane. But here the AKI octane numbers are shown on the pumps, which is the average of the RON and MON. Here's a full explanation, but the executive version is that regular unleaded fuel that is 87 octane(AKI) here would be 91-93 RON. So the 95 RON fuel you are seeing is the equivalent of our super unleaded 91 AKI octane here. The biggest advantage will be that your fuel will not be cut 10% with ethanol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! Outstanding ride report BigD!!! Thanks for sharing!

Just before the feces hit the rotating oscillator the first time back in 1990, I spend a few days each in Dubai and Abu Dhabi courtesy of the U.S. Navy. I'm sure things have changed much since then. I would love to be able to ride a Moto around that area of the world.

Can't wait for the next one!