Shad SH48 installed today

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orbit

Reaction score
th_FJRwithShad48topcase21.jpg
th_FJRwithShad48topcase31.jpg
th_FJRwithShad48topcase41.jpg
th_FJRwithShad48topcase1.jpg

FedEx delivered my Shad SH48 Top Case today and within an hour I had it installed and out on the driveway for some pictures. The FJR specific mount fit easily and if it wasn't for my large hands getting the washers and nuts on the bolts it would have been easier installing the Shad mount. The Top Box has a nice tight fit and easily handles everything I could ever want to carry without overloading.

Orbit

Last edited by a moderator:
FedEx delivered my Shad SH48 Top Case today and within an hour I had it installed and out on the driveway for some pictures. The FJR specific mount fit easily and if it wasn't for my large hands getting the washers and nuts on the bolts it would have been easier installing the Shad mount. The Top Box has a nice tight fit and easily handles everything I could ever want to carry without overloading.

Orbit
Congrats... it is a nice looking unit!

It is all GeorgiaRoller's fault for mentioning this farkle.

Orbit
Congrats... it is a nice looking unit!

It is all GeorgiaRoller's fault for mentioning this farkle.
That is who got me started looking at Shad. I sent the email got the 10% discount and ordered the next evening after talking with my wife. Thanks a lot GeorgiaRoller! Now I am another $300 in debt...

th_FJRwithShad48topcase21.jpg
th_FJRwithShad48topcase31.jpg
th_FJRwithShad48topcase41.jpg
th_FJRwithShad48topcase1.jpg

Orbit
Great job on the install. Can you share where you got it and what you paid?

Thanks!

Did you get the FJR specific mounting plate? Was it a good fit? I am mulling between a Givi and Shad right now and want to decide on something this week. I like the flexibility of the Monokey system though, one mount, several boxes. The V46NT looks good right now. Shad is certainly a lesser know and widely distributed brand and there isn't much interchangeability. Not sure if that would ever matter but it's not an issue with the Givi. But these boxes still intrigue me. Can you say where you got it? What is the 10% e-mail deal I read about up above?

Thanks

Did you get the FJR specific mounting plate? Was it a good fit?

...Shad is certainly a lesser know and widely distributed brand and there isn't much interchangeability...

1- Yes, there are FJR Specific Mounts and YES.

2- I read (somewhere) that Shad was the OEM Supplier for the Yamaha Cases.

Finally got mine on today... The mounting plate was on back-order.

339.jpg

341.jpg

Best get a good look at it while it's still so clean it's gehy. I'm looking for a mudpuddle

Latest posts