What else is adjustable on this gen2

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

incoherent

Reaction score
Today while I was doing some maintience chores I realized the lower fairing is adjustable to help take air off of your legs. I knew the seat, bars, winshield, and suspension were adjustable, but had no idea the fairing was. I really need to get an owners manual for this thing!

Last edited by a moderator:
You can adjust the fuel consumption on this bike too. There's a variable adjustment pulley connected to the RIGHT grip. Turn the top towards you quickly, and leave it there, your miles per gallon go down. Barely move it at all, and your mpg figures go up.

Nice having a choice isn't it?

<snip> but didn't realize what they were talking about because the word "cowling" was used instead of fairing :glare: I guess I know now ;)
Do you mean the adjustable panels on each side secured with two fasteners? Correct term per Yamaha is "visor".

I used to run them in the out position until an, um, "advanced" 3 digit run and the left one blew off; my friend on his Buell 1125 had fun with that! - and of course he knows about it because I was IN FRONT of him LOL. So now I keep them in all the time. To be honest, I didn't notice that much difference anyway.

PS just about any online yamaha parts place will have a parts breakdown that you can decipher what all is attached to what, and learn the correct name per mother yamaha...

<snip> but didn't realize what they were talking about because the word "cowling" was used instead of fairing :glare: I guess I know now ;)
Do you mean the adjustable panels on each side secured with two fasteners? Correct term per Yamaha is "visor".

I used to run them in the out position until an, um, "advanced" 3 digit run and the left one blew off; my friend on his Buell 1190 had fun with that! - and of course he knows about it because I was IN FRONT of him LOL. So now I keep them in all the time. To be honest, I didn't notice that much difference anyway.

PS just about any online yamaha parts place will have a parts breakdown that you can decipher what all is attached to what, and learn the correct name per mother yamaha...
"VISOR" seems somewhat strange to call it that but oh well. Now I know also what the dam things are called. From my observations when they are popped out they are functional up to about 40 MPH. After that, any heat that rises during the cooler months is just caught up in turbulence. it does function at lower speeds IMO.

Oh Yeah! Tire Presure is adjustable :D

Dave

Also, clutch and brake levers, headlight up or down....

I read somewhere that the vent under the instrument panel was adjustable.

Today I found that Yamaha says it is controlled by the height of the windshield. More reading here: AIR Management System

Almost forgot: Both the Left and Right mirrors are adjustable too! :detective2:

Buncha Geniuses' What do you do for an encore? Tax Returns, rocket science, or brain surgery? <_<

Don't forget the dB output of the horn...it's adjustable, too...from 0dB to about 90dB. There's a push-button adjuster on the left instrument cluster.

The side bags are adjustable...open or closed.

The fuel level in the tank is VERY adjustable, as is the oil level in the crankcase and DOT4 levels in the clutch and brake master-cylinders.

But, I tire quickly of this game. Bye!

I can adjust the gear ratios with two little levers on my left handlebar grip - one adjusts up while the other adjusts down.

dancingchick.gif