Do I have ABS?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kamal

No longer frightened by corners!
Reaction score
I apologize if this has been covered already. Maybe someone can point me to the info?

I bought my '04 this winter thinking it was an ABS model. Now I have time (and warmth) to look it over, I don't see a sensor on the left fork. How can I tell if I have ABS?

Thanks!

"Better a fool for a moment, than a fool for the rest of your life" - Some famous talking-head

I apologize if this has been covered already. Maybe someone can point me to the info?

I bought my '04 this winter thinking it was an ABS model. Now I have time (and warmth) to look it over, I don't see a sensor on the left fork. How can I tell if I have ABS?

Thanks!

"Better a fool for a moment, than a fool for the rest of your life" - Some famous talking-head
No sensor - no ABS. It's that simple.

Or if there's no "ABS" sticker on the fender or an "ABS" light on the dashboard. Center bottom is black...it's not ABS.

Finally, go out into a parking lot and stab the rear brake. No flutter...no ABS.

What color are the 'pucks' in the front brake caliper?

Silver = ABS.

Blue = non-abs.

Do you have a red ABS light on the dash that comes on when you turn on the ignition?

Is there an 'ABS' sticker on your front fender?

Last edited by a moderator: