What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pulled the seat off and removed the mouse nest under it. :blink: ....then put out some mice poison pellets in the shop.

Installed my new OES frame sliders, and sync'd my throttle bodies. And rode it as usual. Also installed the Fuzeblock and harness - ready for future farkelling.

Installed my new OES sliders, my new right side mirror, touched up my right Throttlemeister with some Krylon textured paint, looks great!

Got 1/2 way to work in the car due to severe weather warnings. Realized my security badges were in my tank bag. Burned an extra gallon of gas and mumble a few foul words.

Pulled the seat off and removed the mouse nest under it. :blink: ....then put out some mice poison pellets in the shop.
I had a mouse problem in my garage and put out some poison pellets. Guess where the mouse decided to stash those pellets?

filter_bait.jpg

Better schedule a more in depth inspection in the future! :unsure:

Sun, blue skies and 40 degrees this morning. Perfect day to test the grip warmers so I rode my FJR to work today. They worked great!!

If grip warmers were an option I don't think I would have added them, after this mornings ride I am happy Yamaha made them standard. :)

Took it out for a nice ride and stopped at the local comedy club/harley dealer. A yound salesman was explaining to me what a fast bike the sportster was. :lol:

Don't get me wrong, I think the sporty is a neat bike and wouldn't mind owning one for kicking around town, but of all it's atributes to emphasise as a salesman, I don't think speed would be one I would use.

Rode to work @ 6:30 AM in 1C temperature, blessing those heated grips!

The ride home was a bit warmer 10C.

Then did a few maintenance chores: Cleaned & lubed the clutch lever pivot and bushing; checked and cleaned the air filter -- Damn that's an awkward job! :blink:

Half the fun of getting another motorcycle is setting it up and getting familiar with it. My new to me 2010 has new sliders and fuze block wired for GPS, Gerbings, Gorillla alarm (came with bike, really don't use it) and battery charger/ tire pump connection. Took me most of the day, but at least it's in and working.

1) Rode

2) Installed my Flash2Pass module

3) Cursed at the ridiculous A-B-C-D panels and all their silly different connectors. Why both hex AND Phillips screws in the same covers? Really. Why?

4) Disconnected the windscreen auto-retract feature.

6) Bought and oil filter, crush washer and some really special Yamalube Semi-Syn motor oil... Goddamned better be special at the price of it.

7) Cursed at the ridiculous A-B-C-D panels and all their silly different connectors.

8) Got the wheels in motion with the dealer to have the ground spider recall taken care of.

9) Gave great thought about how much fun (read: trouble) removing us the lowers will be to remove the Wild Bill's highway pegs that I don't want on there. That is of course if I can order up the proper replacement bolts.

10) Continued to mull the myriad of top box options in the hopes that one finally speaks to me.

11) Rode again.

Wired up a Powerlet outlet to run my GPS. In the process bike ate a screw that fell from the area of the handlebars and was never seen again. Search party resumes at first light.

Well, I:

1. Ordered a new front tire to replace the Metz Z6 on the front with 8144 quality miles on it (from American Motorcycle Tire in Scottsdale, Az - free freight).

2. Took a 50 mile spin just to blow the dust off and charge up the battery.

Gotta' get the hips and backside ready for our Death Valley VIII ride later this month!

Brian the biknflyfisher

Did the valve clearance check today, all within spec. :yahoo:

img2674si.jpg

Also replaced the generator cover that I scratched up a couple months ago (what a PITA), changed the oil, general lube of most things that pivot on the bike and cleaned and lubed the windshield mechanism. I still have a bunch left, but I'm waiting on a few parts.

Bought some nice sparkly reflective tape to add on to the side bags and am in the process of adding 8 LED lights to my GIVI V46 trunk. Gonna hook 2 into the running lights and 6 into brakes. Work in progress :lol:

I had a mouse problem in my garage and put out some poison pellets. Guess where the mouse decided to stash those pellets?

filter_bait.jpg

Better schedule a more in depth inspection in the future! :unsure:
Put a clothes dryer fabric softener sheet under your seat. The mouse will vacate and look for a more suitable habitat.

Took her down to hand wash car wash and got her hand washed and waxed ( they just do such a better job than I do). Babys all clean and shinny now. :rolleyes: