Air filter servicing

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

incoherent

Reaction score
I hate to ask such a dumb question, but how do you access the airbox for servicing the filter? I've tried to use the search engine and just can't seem to ask the right question in order to find the thread.

I hate to ask such a dumb question, but how do you access the airbox for servicing the filter? I've tried to use the search engine and just can't seem to ask the right question in order to find the thread.
Left side of the bike. remove the seat and then the cover just below the seat. The air box is behind it. It is a favorite nesting place for mice!

And on a Friday no less.

Quick,,,,, duck.
My service manual hasn't arrived yet and I'm going to have some downtime Sunday. I've blindly lifted tanks before only to break some little clip that wasn't readily visible.

If you plug the word(s) "airbox" or "air filter" into the search engine it doesn't give you much.

Left side of the bike. remove the seat and then the cover just below the seat. The air box is behind it. It is a favorite nesting place for mice!
Thanks! I would have searched for it in the wrong place.

Type this in Google - "air filter site:fjrforum.com". It will return a wealth of info as well as the frustrations of changing the AE filter.
No wonder I couldn't find what I was looking for. The search engine here blows! One should be able to type in air filter servicing and find what is needed.

If you have the FJR outside or in a barn for any length of time, I would form some Chicken Wire Mesh around the Intake of the AirHorn... this will keep the critters out.

Type this in Google - "air filter site:fjrforum.com". It will return a wealth of info as well as the frustrations of changing the AE filter.
If you type "Hot air box site:fjrforum.com" into Google you will get all of Don and Howie's posts! :p
Damn Tree Rat....don't put me in the same sentence as that Irish PudPuller!!!

If you have the FJR outside or in a barn for any length of time, I would form some Chicken Wire Mesh around the Intake of the AirHorn... this will keep the critters out.
Keeping the bike in the garage can also be a problem:

filter_bait.jpg

Note the irony of the mouse stashing poison in my air filter. For some reason, he never made it back to consume the rest of his stash. :evil: