Lorain OH Day ride south Wed 3/14

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking to ride south for the day. No big plans. Looks to be nice weather. Open to ideas!
Yeah...here's an idea Steve.... :fuck:

Lucky dog, having all those roads at your fingertips. :)

See you in May buddy! :yahoo:
Well I will think of you when I end the run down 555 at the river....not!

May will be here soon.

where are you starting out from and what time? How many miles do you plan on and what roads?

gray ray

#65 moto series

where are you starting out from and what time? How many miles do you plan on and what roads?

gray ray

#65 moto series
Very open on all of the above. I was thinking 200-400 miles. Maybe down rt 60 and 555 for a ways. Leave Amherst around 8AM.

What area are you in? Akron? I could meet over there and head south.

Steve

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks like Wednesday is going to be nice. I live in Willoughby Ohio, far East side of Cleveland.

I noticed that your picture shows you on a race bike. Do you race ? Where ? What Class?

I race a 600 GSXR in Moto Series.

Call me 1-440-476-1679

Gray Ray

Moto Series #65

It looks like Wednesday is going to be nice. I live in Willoughby Ohio, far East side of Cleveland.

I noticed that your picture shows you on a race bike. Do you race ? Where ? What Class?

I race a 600 GSXR in Moto Series.

Call me 1-440-476-1679

Gray Ray

Moto Series #65
The pic is pretty old! That one is from Daytona in 1975. I have not been on a track since late 70's.

If you know any roads over in PA we could go that way. Yes Wed looks like the best shot. The only hook I have is to be back in Amherst by 5PM. You are about a hour from me. I could be in your area at 8A. Racing is a hoot. Do you run at Nelson Ledges? I ran a couple times there in the early 70s.

Last edited by a moderator:
The pic is pretty old! That one is from Daytona in 1975. I have not been on a track since late 70's.

If you know any roads over in PA we could go that way. Yes Wed looks like the best shot. The only hook I have is to be back in Amherst by 5PM. You are about a hour from me. I could be in your area at 8A. Racing is a hoot. Do you run at Nelson Ledges? I ran a couple times there in the early 70s.
Yeah...Steve might not have raced since the 70s, but he still kicks my @ss on the Ohio roads. I've got all I can do to stay with him. Of course that's not a compliment to him...but it is a complement to me. The dude can ride. B)

Yep Mark,

That guy can ride alright, I had all I could do to keep up with him the last time we were down there "08" I believe, but what really makes this so bad is he had his wife on the back. SHEEEEEEEEEESH!!!!!! Just confirms what I already knew, I'm horribly slow! Steve, have a ball tomorrow, was down on last Wed. [check my previous post] 70deg. and light clouds,perfect.

Dastardly Dave #65 MotoSeries

Steve I can't make Wed. work just exploded! P.M. your phone # and I can let you know about Thurs. weather.

Moto series races at Nelsons, Beaver Run, Mid Ohio, Putnam, and Grattan.. Look up the website and stop out sometime this summer. There are several of us old-timers still ridding. We don't go too fast, but we go pretty far.

Gray Ray #65

Moto Series

Steve I can't make Wed. work just exploded! P.M. your phone # and I can let you know about Thurs. weather.

Moto series races at Nelsons, Beaver Run, Mid Ohio, Putnam, and Grattan.. Look up the website and stop out sometime this summer. There are several of us old-timers still ridding. We don't go too fast, but we go pretty far.

Gray Ray #65

Moto Series
Ray

I missed your post. Left at 6:30AM. 34 degrees as I pulled out 72 when I got home, what a day. 360 miles and at least that many smiles. Went down 83, west on 339, west on 676, north on 555 then 60 and 83 home. There was a bit of gravel as you would expect this time of year. Most of it on 555 below Ringgold. Pucker,pucker. Not much traffic but lots of bugs! I forgot about the Harlys that only come out in warm weather. Ran up on a gaggle of six running 50 in a 55. I guess they were at there limit.

Lets watch the weather and try to get out again soon.

PM sent.

Steve

Sounds like a great day! :yahoo:

I believe you had a pucker factor a couple years ago on that section of 555 with your honey on the back. I think that was the last time I was on that section of 555.

There is a killer blind right hander (when heading north) on that section that bites me if I feel too confident on that stretch of road.

Sounds like a great day! :yahoo:

I believe you had a pucker factor a couple years ago on that section of 555 with your honey on the back. I think that was the last time I was on that section of 555.

There is a killer blind right hander (when heading north) on that section that bites me if I feel too confident on that stretch of road.
Good memory...yes we did.. wife STILL talks about that one.

I took my time yesterday and looked at all the cool stuff out in the country. Not the time of year to be dragging pegs!

Steve,

The best Harley pass ever was on the Tail of the Dragon at the 2010 meeting when Ray took five at once on a 100 foot straight. I was behind him and saw the whole thing. There were Harleys everywhere.

I took them one at a time, but they ride nuts to butts and won't let you in unless you force them.

Lots of one finger salutes that day.

gray ray