Bike Cover

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

101stpathfinder

Trading miles for memories
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
I positively HATE online shopping. Can someone please offer some advice on a half-cover

for the FJR with a top case? I already have a full cover. Where is the best site to purchase it?

-Thanks, Tony

Last edited by a moderator:
I positively HATE online shopping. Can someone please offer some advice on a half-cover

for the FJR with a top case? I already have a full cover. Where is the best site to purchase it?

-Thanks, Tony
Tony,

Check with Tour King. They make a really nice 1/2 cover. Just tell them what you need and have them make it for you. Tour King

I've had a Nelson-rigg half cover that has held up really well for the past few years. It's fairly compact to roll up in your hard case and covers up the essentials quite well. Great for commuting.

I've had a Nelson-rigg half cover that has held up really well for the past few years. It's fairly compact to roll up in your hard case and covers up the essentials quite well. Great for commuting.
Yep. I've had a couple of these over several years (the first one got ripped off while I was in a restaurant in a bad part of town). Get the XL size.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000GTV7JI/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B000GTV7IO&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=19F0E31EQ4ZSKZ6AT6V3

Maybe somebody can help me find this thing. A couple years back, there was a little buzz about a very compact half cover that attached somehow to the back of the seat or the front of the tail bag, and just stayed mounted there in its little bag. When you wanted to use it, the mounting point just stayed attached and you pulled the rest of it forward over the seat, dash and controls. I've looked, but have been unable to find it again. Seems like a pretty good solution. If you know about these, I'd appreciate a heads up.

As to Bike Condoms, I bought a couple when they were first introduced--they had a real low introductory price. I've taken one on long trips, only for when I have to leave the bike in the rain. My experience has been completely positive--I just think I'd prefer the convenience of being able to just zip one over the bike fast and easy. I'd be more likely to actually use it. The BC is very lightweight and easy to store. Packs down into a bag about the size of a 6" sandwich from Subway, and to my surprise I've been able to repack it into the same bag every time I've used it. Also to my surprise, I've used it maybe 5 or 6 times and no rips, etc., so I'm still using the first of the two I bought. Pretty damn good product for the cost and tiny size.

Maybe somebody can help me find this thing. A couple years back, there was a little buzz about a very compact half cover that attached somehow to the back of the seat or the front of the tail bag, and just stayed mounted there in its little bag. When you wanted to use it, the mounting point just stayed attached and you pulled the rest of it forward over the seat, dash and controls. I've looked, but have been unable to find it again. Seems like a pretty good solution. If you know about these, I'd appreciate a heads up.

As to Bike Condoms, I bought a couple when they were first introduced--they had a real low introductory price. I've taken one on long trips, only for when I have to leave the bike in the rain. My experience has been completely positive--I just think I'd prefer the convenience of being able to just zip one over the bike fast and easy. I'd be more likely to actually use it. The BC is very lightweight and easy to store. Packs down into a bag about the size of a 6" sandwich from Subway, and to my surprise I've been able to repack it into the same bag every time I've used it. Also to my surprise, I've used it maybe 5 or 6 times and no rips, etc., so I'm still using the first of the two I bought. Pretty damn good product for the cost and tiny size.
https://www.kwikover.com/

I'm also a fan of the bike condom. They're great to pack and cover the FJR pretty well--fit over mine with a touring windscreen, although I don't have a top case so not sure there. When I ordered mine about 2 years ago the guy that owned the company put a hand-written note in there thanking me for my order, so I've tried to go out of my way to promote what's a really good practical product.

Here's a pic of my FJR with "protection"

DSCF0524.jpg

\

Funny thing just happened. I am indecisive to the point of... :dribble: So even with the suggestions, I put

some thought into this. SacramentoMike, I think I have found what both of us are seeking.

I ordered a custom tank bag for my fuel cell from LindaT's custom tank bags. She is located about an hour

south of me, so of course I rode down to pick it up from her. QUALITY is an understatement. So I questioned

her about her bike covers. Since I was not ready yet for one, the conversation soon faded from memory.

To make a long story short... I think this is the answer:

https://customtankbags.com/

Was this your solution too?

-Tony

https://customtankbags.com/

Was this your solution too?
Another good lead. Thanks, Tony. Actually, the one Speedygg linked to was the one I've seen before, but Linda's looks pretty interesting too. Her stuff has been well spoken of on the forum before. If you get it, I'd appreciate a writeup. Guess I'll hold off and see which one looks like the best for me.

edit: I see her price is $100, not too far off the other one. If you see one, though, or if you get one, I had a couple more questions. First, it looks like it's just hanging there. Kind of easy to have it walk off? I also wondered if it might flap in the wind, maybe even get blown away? Does it fasten down securely? Afraid the pics on her website aren't quite clear enough. And if I had a duffel on the back seat, would it fit over that if needed for lunch breaks, etc? Thanks.