motobatt battery owners

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pat C

Reaction score
I just finished installing a motobatt battery. I noticed the battery is slighty taller than original, I coudn't get the hold down attached is going to be a problem?

It is a couple of mm taller, but apply pressure on the clamp to line up the nut with the hole and it'll be fine.

The battery compartment, cover, screws, clip etc is all designed by an engineer from Texas A&M. :rolleyes:

FYI.. Just purchased the MotoBatt MBT14B4 from Impact Battery. Here is the direct link - https://www.impactbattery.com/yuasa-yt14b-bs-yt14b-4-battery-replacement-motobatt.html

Free Shipping and use MotoBatt2012 for the discount code and you will get another $9.49 discount. Total = $85.46 shipped.

I will review the company as a whole when I get the battery, but I like that they donate to a few worthy charities (listed on the site) as well.

FYI.. Just purchased the MotoBatt MBT14B4 from Impact Battery. Here is the direct link - https://www.impactbattery.com/yuasa-yt14b-bs-yt14b-4-battery-replacement-motobatt.html

Free Shipping and use MotoBatt2012 for the discount code and you will get another $9.49 discount. Total = $85.46 shipped.

I will review the company as a whole when I get the battery, but I like that they donate to a few worthy charities (listed on the site) as well.
Company was great. I had the battery 3 days after ordering. Even though the company is out of Oregon, it shipped from Jacksonsville, FL, thus making the time to get to Georgia, much shorter than expected.

Battery seems to be great, but as noted above, a bit of a struggle to get installed, due to the added height. After much messing around, finally got it installed and seems to work great.

Just ordered one. The discount code in this thread now only provides 2% discount. 'PowerSport' provides 10% discount and they threw in a free pocket battery voltage and alternator tester. Free shipping, also.