March Ride in the Northeast Spoiled

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RacinRay

Living The Dream
Reaction score
It was 57 degrees today here in upstate New York so I thought I'd get out for a few hours and enjoy a rare March ride.
yahoo.gif

As I merged onto I-87 to head out of town, 3 sport bikes politely moved from the right lane into the middle lane to allow me onto the interstate. The 3 bikes then moved into the left most lane to allow me into the center lane to get around slower traffic. I'm thinking how nice it was for these guys to look out for me.

I was doing just under 60mph (limit 55) when I noticed the 3 bikes to my left had dropped back behind me. Then suddenly, the lead bike blows past me in a wheelie riding 2 up! The rider and his female passenger continued the wheelie in traffic for about ½ mile! The 2 solo riders followed the leader passing me at a high rate of speed riding shoulder to shoulder.

I could see all the shaking heads and pissed off looks of the car drivers as I proceeded south. My first thought was that if that were my daughter on the back of that lead bike, I would have followed them until they stopped and beat the living shit out of the foolish kid. My second thought was that this type of riding is what gives us all a bad name.

sport bikes in the hands of young bloods with NOFEAR sometimes gets hairy for the street.But as long as you have crazy fast machines and the ability to ride them .they are gonna be nuts.HOPEFULLY THEY MAKE IT TO BE A GREY BEARD.

It was 57 degrees today here in upstate New York so I thought I'd get out for a few hours and enjoy a rare March ride.
yahoo.gif

As I merged onto I-87 to head out of town, 3 sport bikes politely moved from the right lane into the middle lane to allow me onto the interstate. The 3 bikes then moved into the left most lane to allow me into the center lane to get around slower traffic. I'm thinking how nice it was for these guys to look out for me.

I was doing just under 60mph (limit 55) when I noticed the 3 bikes to my left had dropped back behind me. Then suddenly, the lead bike blows past me in a wheelie riding 2 up! The rider and his female passenger continued the wheelie in traffic for about ½ mile! The 2 solo riders followed the leader passing me at a high rate of speed riding shoulder to shoulder.

I could see all the shaking heads and pissed off looks of the car drivers as I proceeded south. My first thought was that if that were my daughter on the back of that lead bike, I would have followed them until they stopped and beat the living shit out of the foolish kid. My second thought was that this type of riding is what gives us all a bad name.
Hey RacinRay what part of upstate NY are you in? I'm in the Fort Edward area and I'm always looking for responsible riders to ride with.