March Ride in the Northeast Spoiled

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RacinRay

Living The Dream
Reaction score
It was 57 degrees today here in upstate New York so I thought I'd get out for a few hours and enjoy a rare March ride.
yahoo.gif

As I merged onto I-87 to head out of town, 3 sport bikes politely moved from the right lane into the middle lane to allow me onto the interstate. The 3 bikes then moved into the left most lane to allow me into the center lane to get around slower traffic. I'm thinking how nice it was for these guys to look out for me.

I was doing just under 60mph (limit 55) when I noticed the 3 bikes to my left had dropped back behind me. Then suddenly, the lead bike blows past me in a wheelie riding 2 up! The rider and his female passenger continued the wheelie in traffic for about ½ mile! The 2 solo riders followed the leader passing me at a high rate of speed riding shoulder to shoulder.

I could see all the shaking heads and pissed off looks of the car drivers as I proceeded south. My first thought was that if that were my daughter on the back of that lead bike, I would have followed them until they stopped and beat the living shit out of the foolish kid. My second thought was that this type of riding is what gives us all a bad name.

So it was finally warm enough for a nice ride, you've been sitting in the house all winter, and this spoiled your ride? Damn, dude, too bad.

Jerky, stupid, but geez.

Dip-shits are everywhere...take your pick, squids on sportbikes or HOGS with straight pipes, not a lot of difference.

Not much anyone can do about it other than enforcement along with heavy fines. :dntknw:

To each their own!

--G

My first thought was that if that were my daughter on the back of that lead bike, I would have followed them until they stopped and beat the living shit out of the foolish kid. My second thought was that this type of riding is what gives us all a bad name.
Says 'RacinRay'

It was 57 degrees today here in upstate New York so I thought I'd get out for a few hours and enjoy a rare March ride.
yahoo.gif

As I merged onto I-87 to head out of town, 3 sport bikes politely moved from the right lane into the middle lane to allow me onto the interstate. The 3 bikes then moved into the left most lane to allow me into the center lane to get around slower traffic. I'm thinking how nice it was for these guys to look out for me.

I was doing just under 60mph (limit 55) when I noticed the 3 bikes to my left had dropped back behind me. Then suddenly, the lead bike blows past me in a wheelie riding 2 up! The rider and his female passenger continued the wheelie in traffic for about ½ mile! The 2 solo riders followed the leader passing me at a high rate of speed riding shoulder to shoulder.

I could see all the shaking heads and pissed off looks of the car drivers as I proceeded south. My first thought was that if that were my daughter on the back of that lead bike, I would have followed them until they stopped and beat the living shit out of the foolish kid. My second thought was that this type of riding is what gives us all a bad name.
RacinRay, I am as sure as Hell that was ionbeam and Helen on the lead bike, followed by Fred W and Geezer! The Damned Northeast Hooligans!

My first thought was that if that were my daughter on the back of that lead bike, I would have followed them until they stopped and beat the living shit out of the foolish kid. My second thought was that this type of riding is what gives us all a bad name.
Says 'RacinRay'
All my racing was done in sanctioned events.

Last edited by a moderator:
So it was finally warm enough for a nice ride, you've been sitting in the house all winter, and this spoiled your ride? Damn, dude, too bad.

Jerky, stupid, but geez.
RacinRay, was this the young punk squid on that 3rd sportbike? I would bet the farm it was our miscreant Greg! Damned Geezer never lets up on the throttle! jes' sayin' and nuff' said!

DSCF0056.jpg

Jerky, stupid, but geez.
I'm just tired of being the "spokesperson" for motorcyclists to all my non-riding friends and co-workers who come to me with this type of story. A 70mph wheelie on a heavily traveled interstate just convinces drivers that motorcyclists are hoodlums!

Did I enjoy my ride? Yes. Was I upset by the stunt I witnessed? Yes.

yahoo.gif

RacinRay, I am as sure as Hell that was ionbeam and Helen on the lead bike, followed by Fred W and Geezer! The Damned Northeast Hooligans!
Now Don I know with absolute certainty that display was a very carefully planned and executed scientific experiment performed only to verify Fred & Alan's new theory on 2 up suspension compression ratios relative to front end thermatic cooling and wind chill effects! so listen up if it's in the name of science.. it's no hooliganizim :yahoo:

yahoo.gif

Now Don I know with absolute certainty that display was a very carefully planned and executed scientific experiment performed only to verify Fred & Alan's new theory on 2 up suspension compression ratios relative to front end thermatic cooling and wind chill effects! so listen up if it's in the name of science.. it's no hooliganizim :yahoo:
Point well taken, blujag!

And Greg was along as the control subject and to collect data (and he know's a bunch of LEO's) Stay tuned for Fred's ride report and spread sheet :D

Ray all kiddin aside I agree 100% some of them have NO concept of the consequences of their actions

I don't think we should be anybodys' spokespersons anymore. The only reason people badger you is because they are too chickenshit to chase down the squids or loudpipe morons and ask them.

So, next time you get accosted, make this your answer: "I don't know why that person behaved that way. If you really want to know, next time you see them, ask them yourself."

That's what I'm gonna do.

And Greg was along as the control subject and to collect data (and he know's a bunch of LEO's) Stay tuned for Fred's ride report and spread sheet :D

Ray all kiddin aside I agree 100% some of them have NO concept of the consequences of their actions
Be Still My Beating Heart, Papa Chuy Viejo only can hope Sir ionbeam will also prepare a Bar Graph!

I don't think we should be anybodys' spokespersons anymore. The only reason people badger you is because they are too chickenshit to chase down the squids or loudpipe morons and ask them.

So, next time you get accosted, make this your answer: "I don't know why that person behaved that way. If you really want to know, next time you see them, ask them yourself."

That's what I'm gonna a childish fecking bullying Tool would do!
Fixed.

Fixed.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
smiley_ROFL.gif

Fixed.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
smiley_ROFL.gif
You know, I'm getting very tired of the relentless name-calling. The more it happens, the more my feeling gets hurt. Maybe I wont visit the forum for a day or two, just to teach you mean guys a lesson.

Then again, maybe not! :fuck:

That's what I'm gonna do.

Fortunately you have some tools at your disposal that the average person does not to initiate the conversation and make your point with.

Hopefully you get many chances to do so. :)

I agree with the OP.

I am sure that the father of that daughter has NO IDEA what is going on with her, otherwise the stunta's face would be rearranged by now. I'm pretty mild mannered unless family is involved...or someone keeps me from a cold beer after a nice daylong ride.

I also agree with AJ. Though I seldom hang out with bullying tools that get their feelings hurt at the drop of a hat...for him, I'd make an exception.

Unless he calls me names...then the deals off.