#1 Hudson

Hudson

FJR Commander

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts
  • Bike: 2008 ABS (Gen II) N. America

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:08 PM

Headed into the Snoqualmie forest this weekend with the Husky. From the looks of Mt. Si, it was going to be soggy.

Posted Image

Encountered lotsa downed trees from the recent ice storm. About 15 mi in, hit a landslide with some snowpack on top.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I was with a guy on a GS who handled his bike really well, even if he didn't have knobbies. The other guy had no trouble with his DRZ 400.
Posted Image Become a facebook fan of McQueen Racing

#2 Tom Edison

Tom Edison

Let It Ride

• Members++
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts
  • Bike: Other or considering FJR

Posted 12 March 2012 - 01:22 PM

Looks like a gnarly adventure! Good to see someone out there. :yahoo:
Ride while you can

#3 yamafitter

yamafitter

Reigning NERDS Granite Lane Gold Medalist

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
  • Bike: 2006 ABS AE (Gen II) World

Posted 12 March 2012 - 04:45 PM

The Husky is pretty clean so it looks like the ground was still frozen. My local dirt bike area will not open for a least another month.
I have friends down at Daytona right now but after watching the downpour during the Supercross coverage on TV I am kind of glad I stayed home.
cfrlogo-2-1.jpgNAFO-2010pinrev1.jpgcfr2010.jpgwcrlogo.jpgCFR2013signature_zpsf3d5251e.jpg
Confucius say: "No matter where you go ..... there you are"

#4 escapefjrtist

escapefjrtist

Searching for Dry Roads

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,776 posts
  • Bike: 2009 ABS (Gen II) N. America

Posted 12 March 2012 - 06:16 PM

I was hoping you were on the Husky...we all know where the FJR ends up. ;)

How much further did y'all go?

--G

IBA 34365

'09 FJR

'12 Super Tenere

#5 Hudson

Hudson

FJR Commander

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 08:53 PM

George, we stopped at about 15 mi into the ride, then headed on back. We tried some of the roads off the main FS, but the GS's lack of knobbies meant we didn't get very far. The landslide area was a mix of snow/sand/rocks, and the Husky's rear tire just wanted to dig into the mess downward, not forward.

I watched the Supercross races twice, it was so much fun seeing those guys trying to hustle around Daytona in the sloppy muck. Probably best for Stewart that the track wasn't drier.

#6 sportsguy

sportsguy

searchgeek - author

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 09:28 PM

Please, sir...may I have some...

Looks like a fun time to me - thanks for sharing Dave. :)

I'm sorry, but I actually ride a Super Tenere now... ;)

#7 AuburnFJR

AuburnFJR

FJR Commander

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,583 posts
  • Bike: 2006 ABS (Gen II) World

Posted 13 March 2012 - 06:01 AM

George, we stopped at about 15 mi into the ride, then headed on back. We tried some of the roads off the main FS, but the GS's lack of knobbies meant we didn't get very far. The landslide area was a mix of snow/sand/rocks, and the Husky's rear tire just wanted to dig into the mess downward, not forward.

I watched the Supercross races twice, it was so much fun seeing those guys trying to hustle around Daytona in the sloppy muck. Probably best for Stewart that the track wasn't drier.

Momentum is your friend. Then again, all it would probably do is get you stuck further up the mountain B) :P

get out and ride! IBA #54706

cfr2009.gifwfo08.gif

#8 dcarver

dcarver

FJR Forum Post Whore

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,555 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 06:31 AM

Dirty boy!
Walked away Posted ImagePosted Image Is it really crashing if you don't fall down?--
I wouldn't change a fucking thing; I've lived hard, played hard, and I ain't done yet. I've paid some severe penalties along the way, but the rewards have been so much greater; even if for just have participating in the game of life with utmost abandon. It's not who rides the furthest in a day, but rather in a lifetime. CBA member #1, IBA #31845 and very proud of both.
Posted Image

#9 escapefjrtist

escapefjrtist

Searching for Dry Roads

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,776 posts
  • Bike: 2009 ABS (Gen II) N. America

Posted 13 March 2012 - 06:31 PM

Every time I see one of your or Tom Edison's off-raod adventures, I get a real bad itch for a DRZ. Once I wake up...I realize the mind is willing but the body isn't. ;)

Probably better this way! :lol:

--G

IBA 34365

'09 FJR

'12 Super Tenere

#10 AuburnFJR

AuburnFJR

FJR Commander

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,583 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 06:56 PM

Every time I see one of your or Tom Edison's off-raod adventures, I get a real bad itch for a DRZ. Once I wake up...I realize the mind is willing but the body isn't. ;)

--G

I get Hudson out on the trails every now and then. I got to say, I have never so many farkles on a dirt bike before. Most people are looking to shed wieght. :P :lol:

get out and ride! IBA #54706

cfr2009.gifwfo08.gif

#11 Hudson

Hudson

FJR Commander

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 07:04 PM

Fixed it for you, Auburn.

I get Hudson out on the trails every now and then then I roost him if he tries to keep up with me.

I got to say, I have never so many farkles on a dirt bike before. Most people are looking to shed wieght. :P :lol:

Shedding weight....rigghhhhtttt...how's that "spin class" workin' out for ya, Auburn? :yahoo:

(Ducks before Auburn can hold up a mirror)

#12 sportsguy

sportsguy

searchgeek - author

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 07:07 PM

--G

I get Hudson out on the trails every now and then. I got to say, I have never so many farkles on a dirt bike before. Most people are looking to shed wieght. :P :lol:

...only because me...and Marcus, don't have dual sports... :D

I'm sorry, but I actually ride a Super Tenere now... ;)