Lil off-road adventure

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hudson

Reaction score
Headed into the Snoqualmie forest this weekend with the Husky. From the looks of Mt. Si, it was going to be soggy.

WP_000157.jpg

Encountered lotsa downed trees from the recent ice storm. About 15 mi in, hit a landslide with some snowpack on top.

WP_000154.jpg

WP_000155.jpg

WP_000156.jpg

I was with a guy on a GS who handled his bike really well, even if he didn't have knobbies. The other guy had no trouble with his DRZ 400.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Husky is pretty clean so it looks like the ground was still frozen. My local dirt bike area will not open for a least another month.

I have friends down at Daytona right now but after watching the downpour during the Supercross coverage on TV I am kind of glad I stayed home.

George, we stopped at about 15 mi into the ride, then headed on back. We tried some of the roads off the main FS, but the GS's lack of knobbies meant we didn't get very far. The landslide area was a mix of snow/sand/rocks, and the Husky's rear tire just wanted to dig into the mess downward, not forward.

I watched the Supercross races twice, it was so much fun seeing those guys trying to hustle around Daytona in the sloppy muck. Probably best for Stewart that the track wasn't drier.

George, we stopped at about 15 mi into the ride, then headed on back. We tried some of the roads off the main FS, but the GS's lack of knobbies meant we didn't get very far. The landslide area was a mix of snow/sand/rocks, and the Husky's rear tire just wanted to dig into the mess downward, not forward.

I watched the Supercross races twice, it was so much fun seeing those guys trying to hustle around Daytona in the sloppy muck. Probably best for Stewart that the track wasn't drier.

Momentum is your friend. Then again, all it would probably do is get you stuck further up the mountain B) :p

Every time I see one of your or Tom Edison's off-raod adventures, I get a real bad itch for a DRZ. Once I wake up...I realize the mind is willing but the body isn't. ;)

Probably better this way! :lol:

--G

Every time I see one of your or Tom Edison's off-raod adventures, I get a real bad itch for a DRZ. Once I wake up...I realize the mind is willing but the body isn't. ;)

--G
I get Hudson out on the trails every now and then. I got to say, I have never so many farkles on a dirt bike before. Most people are looking to shed wieght. :p :lol:

Fixed it for you, Auburn.

I get Hudson out on the trails every now and then then I roost him if he tries to keep up with me.
I got to say, I have never so many farkles on a dirt bike before. Most people are looking to shed wieght. :p :lol:
Shedding weight....rigghhhhtttt...how's that "spin class" workin' out for ya, Auburn? :yahoo:

(Ducks before Auburn can hold up a mirror)

--G
I get Hudson out on the trails every now and then. I got to say, I have never so many farkles on a dirt bike before. Most people are looking to shed wieght. :p :lol:
...only because me...and Marcus, don't have dual sports... :D