2012 first impression

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fjride

Reaction score
I just started riding my 2012. In January I traded in my 2007 that I rode for 87,000 miles. A couple things that I noticed and really like are the improvement in the sound, no more high-pitched engine revving noise. Also, even though I replaced the throttle cam on the 2007 with an aluminum cam, the 2012 is smoother on the acceleration. Thumbs up Yamaha for just making this thing better!

I just started riding my 2012. In January I traded in my 2007 that I rode for 87,000 miles. A couple things that I noticed and really like are the improvement in the sound, no more high-pitched engine revving noise. Also, even though I replaced the throttle cam on the 2007 with an aluminum cam, the 2012 is smoother on the acceleration. Thumbs up Yamaha for just making this thing better!
Excellent. When I replace my 04...I'll do it with a 2012.

You can now update your profile to a smoother 2012 and not the high-pitched 2007.

GEN II improvements began in '08, with the '09 and up bikes benefiting with improved transmissions, fueling and smoothness.

Congrats on the new '12...great color! :)

--G

GEN II improvements began in '08, with the '09 and up bikes benefiting with improved transmissions, fueling and smoothness.

--G
If there was an improvement in the transmission from 09 and up I would like to here about it. I may be wrong but to my knowledge there weren't any tranny changes. I do admit they need to do something in that area. My Honda shifts soooooo much better.

Dave

--G
If there was an improvement in the transmission from 09 and up I would like to here about it. I may be wrong but to my knowledge there weren't any tranny changes. I do admit they need to do something in that area. My Honda shifts soooooo much better.

Dave
You're right, typing too fast. The '08s got the improved 2nd gear and oiling changes.

--G

You're right, typing too fast. The '08s got the improved 2nd gear and oiling changes.

--G
Yea, and the '09s got the improved Harley Night Train ugly only a mother could love really cool all black rims! :lol:
...especially when you add some bitch'n blue stripes to the rims! :drinks:

--G

Oooh, blue stripes. I like that idea. Might have to look into those.
Sneak peek... ;)

FJR1.jpg

--G

--G That DOES look good! But I see the tape is out-of-round! :unsure:

Jes kidding!
Thanks Don! Wheel tape isn't out of round...optical illusion. :lol:

I like that too. I always wanted to try reflective red on mine.
Considered going the red route, but the riding gear is blue so...blue stripes and blue tuning forks on the bag decals from Real Time Industries.

--G

Last edited by a moderator: