First real visit to dealer at 22K miles

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric L

Not that kind of a doctor
Reaction score
Ive done all my fluids myself as well as various lube points since I've owned the bike. I wanted them to look at the brakes, as I seem to be incapable of seeing the wear groves, as well as anything else they are supposed to look at. Since my last brake flush, the brakes feel a little spongier to me and I was planning on bleeding them, but figured to let them change pads.

Got a call... 'uh your bike is perfect'. You dont need brakes. We did tighten your vstrom handguard on the right side though' These guys were telling me I would probably need that pivot under the bike serviced, but apparently they don't want my money.

You're 4K miles from your first valve check. Normally change coolant and do other fluids at the same time. I also need to get at the swing-arm pivots and it kind of bothers me I haven't yet done that. The FJR is a reliable bike, and doesn't require a whole lot to keep it going well, but compared to cars, you have to admit, we put a lot of work into them.

Hey Eric:

Doesn't surprise me at all. Like you, I take care of all my fluids. I've got 18k on mine, and it runs like a scalded cat (gotta love them 05's). Did a throttle body synch a couple weeks ago, they were just a hair off. Now it accelerates off an idle a lot cleaner, but overall there's not much difference, if any - since doing the TBS. Haven't checked my brakes either. Thanks for the reminder: better check em before heading out for Daytona this weekend.

Gary

darksider #44

Last edited by a moderator: