The New One!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Edison

Let It Ride
Reaction score
With a break in the snow forecast for today my friend Turnsleft

and I went down to Issaquah to get my 2011 Versys. With only 3,700

miles it's like new.It was waiting in a corner of I-90 motorsports.

They have a 2012 FJR in the show room buried amongst KTM's, Honda's and Triumps!

Turnsleft helped install the temp paper plate

I got geared up and got it out the door for a soggy ride home via Preston/Fall City Rd to Monroe, then Granite Falls/Arlington,

Stanwood/Fir Island and to Edison

After 121 miles in the wet/cold I was very happy with the capable ride, not so much upon taking my cell phone out of

my outer pocket to find it full of water. Its on the top of my pellet stove for a couple of days with hopes.

I like the agile Versys and hope to put many miles on this year including a ride to the tech meeting. :yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the pics Tom. I was just wondering if the deed was done today!

Looks like a lot of fun...we'll need expect a full report at Tech Day. ;)

--G

Nice Scoot. It's been perpetually on my short list since it came out.

Oh ya, put your cell phone in a bag of rice for a couple of days.

With a break in the snow forecast for today my friend Turnsleft

and I went down to Issaquah to get my 2011 Versys. With only 3,700

miles it's like new.It was waiting in a corner of I-90 motorsports.

They have a 2012 FJR in the show room buried amongst KTM's, Honda's and Triumps!

Turnsleft helped install the temp paper plate

I got geared up and got it out the door for a soggy ride home via Preston/Fall City Rd to Monroe, then Granite Falls/Arlington,

Stanwood/Fir Island and to Edison

After 121 miles in the wet/cold I was very happy with the capable ride, not so much upon taking my cell phone out of

my outer pocket to find it full of water. Its on the top of my pellet stove for a couple of days with hopes.

I like the agile Versys and hope to put many miles on this year including a ride to the tech meeting. :yahoo:
Looks like a happy camper, bike looks like it got a wash job for the pic. pretty color, what do they call it? See you in April.

Interesting...

because that's the bike I'm riding now... and it's also a 2011 !!

It's a great around town bike. You might consider changing the rear sprocket from a 46T to a 44T, it makes it more of a "road bike". I'm very much enjoying mine.

Looks like a happy camper, bike looks like it got a wash job for the pic. pretty color, what do they call it? See you in April.

Metalic Imperial Red. See yah, Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Tom can tell you also, this color is very hard to get an accurate picture of, it's a "white balance" thing...

Here's a pic I ripped off from one of the kawa sites, it's obviously been done professionally and you can see how deep the Red is :) it's really very nice.

number0.JPG

Nice bike, my son has an '08 (we got them up here in Canuckistan before they sold them in the States) and it is a very capable bike - better than the Wee-strom (IMHO) and now that they are being sold in the States there's access to more aftermarket stuff than before.

You're going to like it! :fans:

Griff

Congratulations Tom. That's a purdy bike. You gonna ride it up to the SR 20 opening festivities?
I am Dustin. Meet you for breakfast in Burlington?
Soon as I know the date I'll contact you Tom. Anyone else who'd like to join in too. Looking forward to Tootsie's cinnamon rolls and another trip through the mountains! What a ride!!

Hey Tom, I don't care what you ride, so keep posting up here about your RR's and experiences on this new to you ride, k'?

Hey Tom, I don't care what you ride, so keep posting up here about your RR's and experiences on this new to you ride, k'?
I'll be sharing my experience's with y'all.Looking forward to a ride

to the tech meet Saturday.Farkling is coming along. I've added 1.3"

foot peg lowering blocks to make it a little more comfortable, spools

on the swing arm to lift the back tire, new tank bag, just added some

new Moose Racing saddle bags.My buddy Turnsleft made a Big Foot for the

kickstand. More goodies to come.