Member for two years gets first FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats on the new bike. I'm the proud owner of the 05 blue with ABS you really covet. :lol:

(I even fixed the heat issue).

Those 07 AE's are the shit!! No more giant clutch forearms!! Seriously though. Congrats!! I sure love mine. Let the Farkling begin!! I havent done a clutch soak yet. I guess I better look that up!!

Gixx... ya never told us what it cost ya and if there were any farkles. Curious minds must know these things.

Gary

darksider #44
$6750 + TTL and associated fees. 26K miles on the bike and it came with a folder full of paperwork of all the history of the bike and every receipt associated with the bike including receipts for inspection and the original temp tag. Everything.
It didn't have as many farkles as I'd like, but it does have the full driver and passenger Corbin. We'll see how that works out and if I have some spare cash I may shell out for a Rick Mayer or similar and sell the Corbin. Ain't happening for a while though. I did make the mistake at the Two Wheeled Texans Pie Run in Hico of sitting on one of those seats. It was like sitting in a super comfy recliner, I could sit there all day long.

I do need to do something about the tail bag though. Either I need to get a Givi mount and move my E370 over and sell the one for the FZ1....or I can sell the E370 with the rack and just buy a new rack with a bigger bag. Again, all about where to distribute the money. Likely I'll just buy the bigger bag and rack when the FZ1 sells and then sell the bag and rack to get some cash back.

Oh yea, and sliders...it has sliders.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations on the new bike! It sounds great. I love the AE, both for commuting in stop and go traffic, and for the relief it gives my left foot when my arthritis kicks in. I'll bet you love it too.

Congrats on the find...and a great deal to boot! The more you ride the FJR, the more you'll like it. I'm on #3, and will always have one in the stable! :)

--G

Well, first wrenching complete. My stubby arms required the bars in the full back position. I think that'll do nicely.

Nice, you got a brand new one. Nothing like riding the new and shiny off the dealers lot. I haven't done that in years, but it sure is a good feeling.

Sigh, just hit me that I won't be riding the bike at all this week. Monday I have to make a shopping trip for a bunch of networking stuff, and I'll be in New York for the rest of the week. Ugh!

Sigh, just hit me that I won't be riding the bike at all this week. Monday I have to make a shopping trip for a bunch of networking stuff, and I'll be in New York for the rest of the week. Ugh!

[/ckquote]

Don't worry! It'll be waiting for you when you get back and it'll have a Big Smile on its face! :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator: