Member for two years gets first FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sigh, just hit me that I won't be riding the bike at all this week. Monday I have to make a shopping trip for a bunch of networking stuff, and I'll be in New York for the rest of the week. Ugh!

Don't worry! It'll be waiting for you when you get back and it'll have a Big Smile on its face! :rolleyes:
Kinda like your "toy"? Freak!

I can't decide if I'm leaving the FJR in good hands or not. I'm certain I should be pretty worried.

jakobfirstfjr.jpg

Yea, he can find the throttle and say "Vroom vroom" so he's good for now. Back in town tomorrow, maybe go on the TWTx pie run on Saturday.

Good stuff there. On a related note, I had my kiddo out on his glide bike today and dang if he isn't getting the hang of it. I gotta get my dirt bike put back together and get my skills back so I can at least stand a chance against him once he gets going.

Last year I had this genius idea to throw on shorts under my mesh pants so that when I got where I was going I could strip off the riding gear and change into my sneakers and be comfy. The heat coming off the FZ1 about left burns on my legs and from then on it was long pants under the riding pants. This particular ride was in my mind when choosing Gen I or Gen II with the reports of the heat on the riders legs. Yesterday I went for a short spin and figured I'd give the shorts a try again on the FJR and see how it went. I'm happy to report that in the summer time if I'm not going to work I WILL be sporting shorts under the riding gear. I was very comfy and nothing to report heat wise on the legs. I'm happy with my decision, even if it is slower and heavier!

Sigh, just hit me that I won't be riding the bike at all this week. Monday I have to make a shopping trip for a bunch of networking stuff, and I'll be in New York for the rest of the week. Ugh!
I hope they collected your shoelaces during the suicide watch!

I'm back and made it through the withdrawal. Of course I did have all the loco NY motorcyclists to watch up there. People think I'm crazy for riding in Dallas traffic. Dallas motorists don't have anything on New York City!!! That place was downright scary!