Anyone up for riding this weekend?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarFJR

URGNT
Reaction score
After a record year of snow blower inactivity. The Day’s getting longer and riding out to forage for food just months away. I was wondering if anyone wanted to hook up for group ride to practice our dinner skills and scout out possible lunch fare….

If everyone is still in their winter dens. I may take an over night up to Gorham and “test” the local loggings and the Town and Country.

Thought I would see if anyone was up for something, before I committed to a solo 2 up run.

Sorry Tony, we won't be around this weekend.

Have a nice ride either way.

PS - did you raise your bike back up yet? If not, be careful of those frost heaves!!

Last edited by a moderator:
If I can ever get off the bike, maybe I will be able to get it into the shop....

But I HAVE to get this to stop bottoming out before we get into full season.

Matter of fact calling MOM's now to get it on the schdule.

I hear it’s not an easy job. Easy is relative. I know you would have no problems. Me on the other hand…..

But if your instigating a tech day at your place let me know :p

Tony, If you need some help swapping the dogbones, you can bring it to my house and I'll be glad to show you how. It's about a ten minute job... add 5 minutes to clean and grease. Being unemployed, my availability is pretty good. Dan

A definite maybe. :rolleyes:

I have to ensure that my wife and daughter don't have anything scheduled for me. I'm pretty sure I'll get out this weekend -- just not sure when. Supposed to be nice this weekend so I'm looking forward to some riding time.

I just got a Garmin 1490LMT and loading it's map update. I'd like to give it a try soon.

Dennis

Denis, Thank you for your usual clarity! Let us know.

Dan! Long time no ride. Glad to see you in the forums. The shop thing is looking like the way I am going with this. I want them to go over the bike and put an inspection sticker on it. They have to order a new kick stand for me to as this one was cut down.

PS got me some Jamaican blue mountain in the bag for you Denis.

Denis, Thank you for your usual clarity! Let us know.

Dan! Long time no ride. Glad to see you in the forums. The shop thing is looking like the way I am going with this. I want them to go over the bike and put an inspection sticker on it. They have to order a new kick stand for me to as this one was cut down.

PS got me some Jamaican blue mountain in the bag for you Denis.
Cool on the Jamaican Blue -- looking forward to it. I'll bring some cash to pay.

BTW, if you need a sidestand, you can certainly order from MOMs but they're not that great at negotiating with their supplier (or their profit margin is too steep). Take a look at yamahasportsplaza.com; item 1 below is $69.95 plus shipping (UPS ground to my home is ~15). Also, I think installing a sidestand is pretty straightforward esp. if you have a centerstand.

Parts including OEM sidestand

I've always ordered OEM parts from there and they're usually cheaper. Worst case, take a look at the website and add in shipping and ask MOMs to match it (plus a little for convenience if you're so inclined).

I think you have until July 1 for a sticker.

Dennis

Ok, ordered the stand and a set of Soup’s adjustable links.

I will have to get out of my winter laziness and try to install them.

I have been up since about 4:00am Farkle shopping, I guess Bike season is back!

Dennis how’s your day looking?

Ok, ordered the stand and a set of Soup’s adjustable links.

I will have to get out of my winter laziness and try to install them.

I have been up since about 4:00am Farkle shopping, I guess Bike season is back!

I'm up -- ok to call you? or just call me. I need to clean my pipes before today's ride. They got dirty from riding in this week's drizzle.

Dennis

The shop thing is looking like the way I am going with this. I want them to go over the bike and put an inspection sticker on it. They have to order a new kick stand for me to as this one was cut down.
Tony,

It looks like you're on the right track for the parts. Not sure why you'd want the adjustable links as the stock ones should work out for you fine, but to each his own.

I'm replying only to encourage you to NOT bring your bike to any bike shop for your annual state safety inspection. Instead, you want to find a local auto garage type inspection station that also does motorcycles. The reason being that a bike shop is very likely to be overly picky about your bike inspection in order to drum up some new service business. No joke. I had one local dealership fail a rear tire even though it still had legal tread depth. But once they fail it and record the failure into the online inspection system, there is no real recourse other than to replace the tire. Most auto repair places have plenty of car stuff to keep them busy so they will be far more casual with the once over before slapping a sticker on there. If you need a recommendation for such a place near ManchVegas that will take a ride-in without an appointment (I now use them all the time) send me a PM.

Hm... Please do share. I took my bikes to Souhegan Motorsports in Brookline NH. Easy drIve for me. They were ok with my HIDs too.

Thanks

Dennis

Getting back in-

What a fantastic day! I can’t believe it was February just a few short weeks ago. Dennis hooked up for a ride. We all went down to Danvers to visit some friends of ours. Dennis had to head back right after arrival for his family thing. But I hung out and gave out rides. They are thinking of getting a bike this year so I had every intention of putting the FJR up on there radar.

Great day for a ride, but our routing was on the poor side getting down there. I will have to discover some better roads in the future but it was fun just going out and exploring.

Hope to see you all on the next nice day!

Fred, as usual good advice. Went with Soupy’s on forum recommendations. And I thought you had said going with the adjustable was the way to go.

I can’t drag my feet on this… (Pun intended) If I scrape one more time I am going to freaking scream! Bottomed out a few times today and hit my pipe some more. If anyone ever asks about lowering there bike point them to me! Maybe solo you can get away with it. 2 up, No Way!! Maybe an after market back shock would help. Maybe down the road that will be my next move just to upgrade the suspension a little.

Let the early season modifications begin!

I'm up -- ok to call you? or just call me. I need to clean my pipes before today's ride. They got dirty from riding in this week's drizzle.

Dennis

Well, this former-Mainah-recently-transplanted-to-NH pilot was hoping to bump into you along the way today but alas, I didn't see another Feej all day. What a day, wound up @ 210mi. I must say, the riding seems to be much better in NH than Maine - the roads are in much better condition. Catch you next time maybe & I hope I can connect w/you sometime,

Ed

Well, this former-Mainah-recently-transplanted-to-NH pilot was hoping to bump into you along the way today but alas, I didn't see another Feej all day. What a day, wound up @ 210mi. I must say, the riding seems to be much better in NH than Maine - the roads are in much better condition. Catch you next time maybe & I hope I can connect w/you sometime,

Ed
Hi Ed,

We went South to Danvers MA and then I went North to Exeter NH for my daughter's soccer game.

Please keep a watch on this (Northeastern) section of this forum for another ride. Since you have a 2010 FJR just like Tony and I do, it will be 3 silver FJRs in a group :D .

BTW, Belmont is up by Tilton, Gunstock, Lake Winnipesaukee, etc. and their's good riding that way.

Dennis