Looking for new home in PNW

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NW Jeff

Reaction score
Two adorable Cavy's aka Guinea Pigs are in need of a good new home (i.e. not snake food) here in PNW. Kids aren't caring for them as promised so they gotta go. Includes custom cage and all the creature comforts needed.

They are super friendly (much better than hamsters), just need better caretakers. Will deliver to nearby communities.

1331866114[/url]' post='944480']Two adorable Cavy's aka Guinea Pigs are in need of a good new home (i.e. not snake food) here in PNW. Kids aren't caring for them as promised so they gotta go. Includes custom cage and all the creature comforts needed.

They are super friendly (much better than hamsters), just need better caretakers. Will deliver to nearby communities.
I'll trade you for 2 dwarf hamsters, 1 red eared slider turtle, and 1 12 year old husky/shep mix that is farting something wicked every night.

1331866114[/url]' post='944480']Two adorable Cavy's aka Guinea Pigs are in need of a good new home (i.e. not snake food) here in PNW. Kids aren't caring for them as promised so they gotta go. Includes custom cage and all the creature comforts needed.

I'll trade you for 2 dwarf hamsters, 1 red eared slider turtle, and 1 12 year old husky/shep mix that is farting something wicked every night.
Now this is funny! :yahoo: Pablo it is a good thing you have a motorcycle!

I've heard they taste like chicken.
And they are considered quite the culinary delicacy in Peru: (click here for recipes) :)

cuy_as_dinner.jpg

Because of the last *crazy* GF, I had 4 pet rats (in pairs) for most of the last 4 years. I didn't initially want them and didn't expect ever to get so attached to them. But they were well trained from an early age and loved, and to my surprise, they were among the most affectionate pets I've ever had. They're naturally timid and cute, far smarter and with more personality than most assume, and they make entertaining companions. I missed them whenever I was gone and was amazed at how much I looked forward to seeing them when I was headed home. After a week or two long MC tour, they'd be so obviously ecstatic to see us again. Give them some affection and they'd respond by gently grooming and licking my fingers and hand.

I never went to the grocery store without getting raw nuts, vegies or fruit for them and had to laugh at the way they reacted to being given anything they considered a delicacy (bananas, fried egg, cashews and almonds were sure bets). When I'd walk through the living room, they'd come bounding out of their cage, racing across the couch to greet me on hind legs at the nearest end. Total characters. But rats (and presumably, other small rodents) only live 1.5 to 2.5 years on average. I just can't take the loss of a pet that often (esp. after losing both parents in the last couple years and a few friends in the last half dozen).

When the first two were left with me (*crazy* GF bolted suddenly for Alaska in May '08), a couple friends told me I should set them loose in the American River canyon. Of course, the defenseless little guys wouldn't have survived the first 24 hours among predators, probably all of that in a state of terror. Never struck me as funny, and it made me recoil at the thought of ruthlessly taking part in their execution. I decided to keep those first two when free ads at the pet stores didn't work, and then got two more when they died. The last two died Sept 28 and Jan 5, and I still miss them. If they lived longer, I'd probably have pet rats for the rest of my years.

Good luck placing the little critters.

Last edited by a moderator:
Because of the last *crazy* GF, I had rats for much of the last 4 years. I didn't initially want them and didn't expect ever to love them. But they were well trained and raised with love, and to my surprise, they were maybe the most loving and affectionate pets I've ever had. Cute and entertaining, too. I always missed them when I was gone and looked forward to seeing them when I got home. I never went to the grocery store without considering what I liked that was also a healthy treat for them. When I'd walk through the living room, they'd come charging out of their cage, across the couch to greet me on the closest end. Total characters. The last two died Sept 28 and Jan 5, and I still miss them. But small rodents only live 1.5 to 2.5 years on average. I just can't take the loss that often (esp. after losing both parents in the last couple years and a few friends in the last half dozen).

When the first two were left with me (*crazy* GF bolted suddenly for Alaska in May '08), friends kept telling me I should set them loose in the American River canyon. Of course, the defenseless little guys wouldn't have survived the first 24 hours among predators, probably all of that in a state of terror. Never struck me as funny, but it did make me recoil at the thought of ruthlessly taking part in their execution.

Good luck placing the little critters.
So we are going on 4 years with our dwarf hamsters (lifespan is 3) and they still appear to be going strong. Whenever we feed them, they come over to your fingers and start sniffing. A second later, out come the teeth. Cute little critters.

The red-eared slider turtle was one of those free adoptions from daughters 5th grade teacher. She said turtle was 5 years old at the time, and their lifespan is 10 years. Fast forward 7 years later (turtle is 12) and I read that these these aquatic turtles can live up to 50 years! That will probably be longer that MY lifespan!

Finally, our beloved 12 year old husky-shepard. Had some sort of growth protruding her right side a while back. Doctors said she would be going to her final resting place within months. Fast forward 2 years and she is still enjoying life (though a bit slower). Sometime you just never know.

Complain all you want, but eventually you grow to love these non-humanoids.

. . . you grow to love these non-humanoids.
Exactly -- mine were cute and innocent little rat souls, with the most adorable and endearing way of looking at you. Checkers and Cracker Jack (my last two) were Very Special Rodents. We used to watch football together, and their favorite movie was "Ratatouille". I'll always miss my little rat buddies.

Last edited by a moderator:
. . . you grow to love these non-humanoids.
Exactly -- mine were cute and innocent little rat souls, with the most adorable and endearing way of looking at you. Checkers and Cracker Jack (my last two) were Very Special Rodents. We used to watch football together, and their favorite movie was "Ratatouille". I'll always miss my little rat buddies.
You know Rich, the more I learn about you the more I like you.

My little buddy was 'Ricky the Rat'.

I was 7 years old.

That freakin rat would follow me everywhere I went, off leash and free.

Ricky stood up to TomCat (unfixed huge male cat) the dogs, goat, and chickens.

Ricky had more guts and loyalty than any man I've ever met.

Ricky finally succumbed to some kind of rat cancer or other disease, but he had a great life, he and me.

If every human on earth was like Ricky the Rat...

every human would be my friend.