helmet/glasses

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burt the plumber

Reaction score
I'm sure this topic has been done before but I can't find it.So far I have four new helmits that I can't wear my glasses with,thier must something out their that works,have three flip ups one full face ,none are comfortable after an hour of riding,not to mention getting my glasses on and off.Sorry if this is a well worn topic.

I'm sure this topic has been done before but I can't find it.So far I have four new helmits that I can't wear my glasses with,thier must something out their that works,have three flip ups one full face ,none are comfortable after an hour of riding,not to mention getting my glasses on and off.Sorry if this is a well worn topic.
I solved the problem by coming at it from the other direction and had laser eye surgery. No more glasses. I never had that much of a problem with glasses hurting due to fit but the dust and mud of riding off-road made glasses & contacts a problem for seeing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shoei RF-1000. No problem. Neither my sunglasses and prescriptions glasses have a large vertical height for the lenses, so they don't hit the helmet. Ear pieces aren't an issue, either.

Contacts.

Beyond that, I sometimes where sunglasses in my Schuberth. The few times I were my prescription glasses, no big deal - Schubert on, glasses on, good to go.

KBC VR1 and HJC FS15 both very comfortable with glasses as long as they have thin ear pieces so I don't get pressure pains after a few hours. I think Shoei and probably some other MFGs have 'channels' for the glasses to slide back to your ears.

RF1000 for me too. Rx glasses, wraparound blueblockers, earbuds-all no problem.

Shoei's here too. I've had the RF-800, RF-1000 and TZR and they all have the channel built into the liner that works well with glasses. Long ago I also had an HJC that was OK with glasses, but it was a long time ago and I haven't tried any of their helmets recently.

I know what you're going through. I had a Shark that I loved, fit great, beautiful finish, very comfortable and light as a feather. It was also a complete struggle to get my glasses on. It's sold.

Shoei RF-1000 here too. No problem, I wear Ray Ban Aviators for sun glasses with cable arms. What are you wearing for perscription glasses that you're having so much interference?

big-sunglasses.jpg

Usually when the riding season starts beginning here in SW Idaho, the mornings are still pretty cool. My glasses would instantly fog up, requiring me to prop open my Shoei Quest to get some air to clear the glasses. I now have switched to contact lenses and all is clear. :D

What hats do you have? Current helmet is a shoei multitec flip up, no problems with any of my glasses. Next bean bucket looks like a Shoei neotech, has a dedicated earpiece channel, nice hat.

I've had the Shoei doetec and multitec, and haven't had a problem with either. I'm setting here looking at the new neotec. Came last week but haven't been able to try it out yet. The dermatologist took a chunk out of my right ear last week. Waiting for it to heal. Hate it when that shit happens. By the way; this neotec looks to be the cats ass.

Most helments are OK I have had no problems with HJC or THH Helmets . Flip front hemets work best but are noiser .

I have absolutely no problem putting my C3 on and off whilst wearing my specs.

In recent times I've always had a flip-up helmet. I've had Shoei, Caberg and Schuberth. In each case I've had to learn the best technique for least disturbance to my specs. After a few times it has always become second nature.

The C3 is probably the best from that point of view. And from most other points of view
smile.gif
. But also the most expensive.