Shoei Neotec work with Sena SMH10?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foshow150

Reaction score
Any folks out here got any pictures of this set up mounted?

Its crunch time and I would like to know what clamp or set you went with?

Thanks you much in advance.

Well, since the SMH10 comes with the standard backing plate (and there's no way to order it without) if you have ANY doubt that your helmet choice will result in a bad placement of the mic simply wait until you get it and try it. If the mic won't reach order up a SMH-A0302 with the detachable mic and it WILL work.

Well, since the SMH10 comes with the standard backing plate (and there's no way to order it without) if you have ANY doubt that your helmet choice will result in a bad placement of the mic simply wait until you get it and try it. If the mic won't reach order up a SMH-A0302 with the detachable mic and it WILL work.

Thanks for the reply. I have the original clamp, some sources say you will have to glue the clamp on to the helmet.

I trust screws and the actual clamping to the helmet than glue. Wondering if anyone has figure a way to wedge that clamp on with screws and the backing plate.

Thanks for the reply. I have the original clamp, some sources say you will have to glue the clamp on to the helmet.

I trust screws and the actual clamping to the helmet than glue. Wondering if anyone has figure a way to wedge that clamp on with screws and the backing plate.
When I got my Scorpion EXO-1000, I couldn't get my Sena to fit right with the clamping plate. So, I used the sticky back one instead. It's been on there since July with no problems. If it comes off, I'll just have to figure it out.

Using the adhesive is the only way to mount the plate on my Schuberth C3 (there a visor slide that gets in the way). Per the Sena website (which seems to be down at the moment) you'll want to use something like 3M adhesive promoter first on the helmet before sticking the plate on. I got mine at a local automotive paint shop where they sell it to use with weatherstrip tape. It looks like THIS. I opened the packet and applied with a Q-Tip. But first I decided where the backing plate would go and outlined it with a pencil so I knew where to put the 3M goop (it's a clear liquid). Works like a charm, still stuck on the helmet.

Any folks out here got any pictures of this set up mounted?

Its crunch time and I would like to know what clamp or set you went with?

Thanks you much in advance.
By the looks of your Shoei, seems the normal Sena unit clamp would work. Did you back the screws out far enough to create enough space for the helmet to slide in between the clamps?

There are no screws to back out of the helmet as far as I am looking on that side? I see the locking pins,there is some internal foam that will just not let me slide the clamp up and secure it with screws.

There are no screws to back out of the helmet as far as I am looking on that side? I see the locking pins,there is some internal foam that will just not let me slide the clamp up and secure it with screws.
I was referring to the 2 little screws on the Sena clamp. They must be loosened fairly far to open the clamps enough to fit between the helmet outer shell and liner.

I was referring to the 2 little screws on the Sena clamp. They must be loosened fairly far to open the clamps enough to fit between the helmet outer shell and liner.

I understand you loud and clear. The helmet on the other hand does not allow you to use the clamp. Looks like a glue job. That is trouble in my book since one of my speaks blew or died from sweat poison last year. I had to remove the clamp and send it for replacement. wonder what the side of the helmet will look like after tearing through the sticky? Is there a chemical out there that with reverse the glue to a liquid ? Any one know that magic?

I used the stick on mount on a Schuberth S1 and no problems whatsoever. It looks like a 3M adhesive pad so pretty high quality adhesive as long as you clean the surface well before applying.

I understand you loud and clear. The helmet on the other hand does not allow you to use the clamp.
I'm curious about this myself. I have been using the SMH10 for a while on my Nolan N90. At first I used the clamp and it worked for a while, however the bottom edge is a bit thick and the backing plate cracked after a while. I found a better alternative for the N90 mounting, but I'm going to be in the market for a new helmet and will use the SMH10 on that as well. I got a chance to look at the Neotec this weekend at Daytona. As far as I can tell, it looks like the clamp system would work well on the Neotec. I also looked at the new Nolan 104, but they moved the slider for the internal visor to the bottom edge of the helmet. This makes it difficult to fit an after market unit to the helmet, which I believe was the primary motivation for moving the slider in the first place.

So the question is why does the helmet not allow the use of the clamp. You would have to cut a small slot in the lower trim piece, on the bottom edge of the helmet, but it should fit well after that. I don't have the helmet in hand, so I'm going from memory.

Is there a chemical out there that with reverse the glue to a liquid ? Any one know that magic?
Goo Gone is your magic. Found just about anywhere.

Zmvgo.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Patch308 has a Shoei RF1100 (That's the new one right?) and has his Sena mounted with the clamp. The reason I had to use the sticky-back was because of where the shield mechanism of my Scorpion is located.

I've got one mounted on my Shoei Qwest and my Multitec using the clamp. Works fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok folks the next time you put a neotec in your hands flip it over and look at the chin cheek area. you will notice a dense foam EPS I figure, that is glued to the outer shell where your cheeks will be in the helmet. This is the case, then glue baby glue. Hot poker to melt it somewhat? Dremel? I know I can't have it all, even if the bluetooth goes flying into the wind.

I did get my Sena to clamp to my Neotec. I used the mic clamp kit for the ear buds. Took some work to wedge the clamp lit on to the Neotec, but I trust this far more than I would for the glue on base plate.

Marc

I've got a SENA with ear speakers on a Shoei RF1000.

Can someone out there with the same setup post a picture of how you route the speaker wires in your helmet?