Bike to the future

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of the guys in my office, who rides a GSXR1000, just saw this and I showed him the Motus videos. His words??? "Thirty-thousand dollars for that? No thank you. I like your bike better."

I'm with GR on this. If you look at the Motus in Motion video on YouTube, they have a shit-load of people walking out that doorway. If all those people expect to continue to get paychecks, they better sell more than 30 bikes a year.

Hell, I could buy a BMW K1600 with Akrapovic exhaust that will sound almost as good as that Motus and move just as fast. It'll have cruise control, heated grips, dealer support, and countless other bonuses for a lot less money. Then I could buy a F800GS for the Dual-Sport stuff and still be ahead of a guy that bought ONE of the Motus bikes.

Thinking about it, even if I had the money, I don't know that I'd buy one. Why does having lots of money make people stupid? A bad deal is a bad deal, and riding one of these out of the shop for $36k is a bad deal.

One of the guys in my office, who rides a GSXR1000, just saw this and I showed him the Motus videos. His words??? "Thirty-thousand dollars for that? No thank you. I like your bike better."

I'm with GR on this. If you look at the Motus in Motion video on YouTube, they have a shit-load of people walking out that doorway. If all those people expect to continue to get paychecks, they better sell more than 30 bikes a year.

Hell, I could buy a BMW K1600 with Akrapovic exhaust that will sound almost as good as that Motus and move just as fast. It'll have cruise control, heated grips, dealer support, and countless other bonuses for a lot less money. Then I could buy a F800GS for the Dual-Sport stuff and still be ahead of a guy that bought ONE of the Motus bikes.

Thinking about it, even if I had the money, I don't know that I'd buy one. Why does having lots of money make people stupid? A bad deal is a bad deal, and riding one of these out of the shop for $36k is a bad deal.
Yeah and if the BMW support is like Beemerdon's experience getting his bike back on the road - well you will be fuked. Beemerdon's was told he had to wait for part for a year - then he raised hell with BMW North America officials to get help.

wow, $35k for an unproven touring bike with a limited network. I wonder if it comes with unlimited AAA services. "Hello, yes I am in British Columbia, and yes, I need a tow back to Georgia. Hello, hello???"

Also, push rod v engine? really? not too advanced...