Anyone in Seattle WA?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good day FJR-ers,

I live in Nor Cal and am headed to Canada on the bike this Summer. I want to break the trip up and do the first leg of the trip to Seattle. Once in Seattle, I want to get the bike serviced and...store it for 2-3 weeks.(yes I will gladly pay to store it)

Couple of questions-

1. Good dealership for service

2. Local storage options (do some of the dealers do this?)

Here is my route map if you care to see my ride- https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=201444921683510055398.0004bb87adb409a6fb105

Input welcome~

Thank you,

AGirlOnTheGo

Last edited by a moderator:
Good day FJR-ers,

I live in Nor Cal and am headed to Canada on the bike this Summer. I want to break the trip up and do the first leg of the trip to Seattle. Once in Seattle, I want to get the bike serviced and...store it for 2-3 weeks.(yes I will gladly pay to store it)

Couple of questions-

Here is my route map if you care to see my ride- https://g.co/maps/7xvn6

Input welcome~

Thank you,

AGirlOnTheGo
When are you going to be up here? I have room to store and service the bike. Change tires if you need to. We do the tech meets here twice a year. I am between Seattle and Tacoma. What type of serivce do you need done to the bike?
Hi ya Auburn,

Planning to get the oil and scheduled service/pre big ride check out work done. Newish bike so nothing wrong... :) probably have 5k by the time I get up to Seattle. Just want to make sure everything is running really well when I head off into Canada then back to Calif- going to be about 3k+ of a ride :yahoo:

Spoke to the folks at Hinshaws and they will service and keep it for no more than 2 weeks, so that might be an option.

I will keep ya posted.

AGirlOnTheGo (AGOG)

Good day FJR-ers,

Couple of questions-

Input welcome~

Thank you,

AGirlOnTheGo
When are you going to be up here? I have room to store and service the bike. Change tires if you need to. We do the tech meets here twice a year. I am between Seattle and Tacoma. What type of serivce do you need done to the bike?
Hi ya Auburn,

Planning to get the oil and scheduled service/pre big ride check out work done. Newish bike so nothing wrong... :) probably have 5k by the time I get up to Seattle. Just want to make sure everything is running really well when I head off into Canada then back to Calif- going to be about 3k+ of a ride :yahoo:

Spoke to the folks at Hinshaws and they will service and keep it for no more than 2 weeks, so that might be an option.

I will keep ya posted.

AGirlOnTheGo (AGOG)
If all you are doing is an oil change. Then you can do it here. I can assist if you need the help. These bikes are pretty easy to work on.

I live about 8 miles from Hinshaws. You can store teh bike here too. If you are flying in and out, SeaTac airport is bout 30 minutes away.

What time frame are you thinking of being in the area? (BeamerREamer is about 15 miles East from my house)

AuburnFJR

My parents and I drove to the Cambell River,BC. I didn't have a bike then 6 or 7 years ago. portland to anacortez and then the long ferry to sydney, got to see the Orcas. them up to the cambell river for salmon fishing. then came back via ferry in victoria to port angeles 45 minutes that would probably would be a nice ride.

Good day FJR-ers,

Couple of questions-

Input welcome~

Thank you,

AGirlOnTheGo
Hi ya Auburn,

I will keep ya posted.

AGirlOnTheGo (AGOG)
If all you are doing is an oil change. Then you can do it here. I can assist if you need the help. These bikes are pretty easy to work on.

I live about 8 miles from Hinshaws. You can store teh bike here too. If you are flying in and out, SeaTac airport is bout 30 minutes away.

What time frame are you thinking of being in the area? (BeamerREamer is about 15 miles East from my house)

AuburnFJR
+1, This is your best option :)