Anyone in Seattle WA?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AGirlOnTheGo

Reaction score
Good day FJR-ers,

I live in Nor Cal and am headed to Canada on the bike this Summer. I want to break the trip up and do the first leg of the trip to Seattle. Once in Seattle, I want to get the bike serviced and...store it for 2-3 weeks.(yes I will gladly pay to store it)

Couple of questions-

1. Good dealership for service

2. Local storage options (do some of the dealers do this?)

Here is my route map if you care to see my ride- https://g.co/maps/7xvn6

Input welcome~

Thank you,

AGirlOnTheGo

Last edited by a moderator:
For a more scenic route I suggest this.

I have had my bike serviced at I-90 Motorsports. Never had a problem. I bought the bike new there and will continue to get it serviced there. They do not have along term storage.

Perhaps somebody has some extra garage space. Unfortunately I do not.

Burlington Power Sports about 100 miles north of Seattle right off the I-5 sold me mine and has done my service. They will probley store it for free if you have them service it and then head over the north cascade hwy (hwy20) to eastern wa. Great Ride, and nice views. The dealer is just one exit north of the intersection of hwy20 and I-5.

Depending on the timing of your coming and going and the timing of my coming and going, I could store your bike. I will send you a PM and we can discuss dates.

David

Burlington Power Sports about 100 miles north of Seattle right off the I-5 sold me mine and has done my service. They will probley store it for free if you have them service it and then head over the north cascade hwy (hwy20) to eastern wa. Great Ride, and nice views. The dealer is just one exit north of the intersection of hwy20 and I-5.
I thinks it's called Skagit power sports and they are good to deal with. I bought 8 bikes there. Talk to Bill Cameron or Casandra Roberts.

If you find yourself needing anything going through the middle of Oregon give me a shout. I have a complete shop and guest room. 541-536-8556.

Good day FJR-ers,

I live in Nor Cal and am headed to Canada on the bike this Summer. I want to break the trip up and do the first leg of the trip to Seattle. Once in Seattle, I want to get the bike serviced and...store it for 2-3 weeks.(yes I will gladly pay to store it)

Couple of questions-

Input welcome~

Thank you,

If this is your first trip that way it is all nice, there is a bunch of stuff to see depending on time etc. When you are close to arriving in the Seattle area, possibly post an eta and perhaps a minor coffee get together of some sort could be arranged, lots of friendly, knowledgeable folks in this vicinity.

AGirlOnTheGo

Unless you have some burning desire to see Portland followed by a bunch more of I-5 you should just continue on Hwy 97 on up into WA from central OR. It's much prettier and there's a lot less traffic that's moving at a less hectic pace (read less road-rage).

But if you're jumping over to I-5 and coming to Portland for a reason, and spending a night in the Portland area consider staying in Vancouver WA and I'd be glad to meet up and tell you about the area. My wife and I have been to Jasper and done the Icefields Parkway and surrounding areas a couple of times.

Did a very similar ride with my dad in '04. We lived near Auburn, CA at the time. Going To The Sun Rd is a beautiful. As well as Banff and Lake Louise. We went west on Hwy 1 instead of north on Hwy 93 like you're planning so we didn't go nearly as far north. What month are you planning? We went in August and it was pretty warm for most of the trip. The up side was we didn't run into any rain.

And yes, it's Skagit Power Sports. Good guys but I have to admit I've never had them do more than swap tires for me since I prefer to do my own maintenance. Exit 231. So, about 70 miles north of Seattle.

Good day FJR-ers,

Couple of questions-

Input welcome~

Thank you,

AGirlOnTheGo
When are you going to be up here? I have room to store and service the bike. Change tires if you need to. We do the tech meets here twice a year. I am between Seattle and Tacoma. What type of serivce do you need done to the bike?

Adventure MotorSports in Monroe, WA. I bought my '09 there and take it back up for service. John Edgar, the lead Yamaha Tech is good, asks questions and listens. Easy access from Hwy 2 (Stevens Pass Hwy) or the 522 off of I-405. I'd suggest using I-405 to bypass the 5 through downtown Seattle. Sac style traffic for 90 minutes isn't a lot of fun. I'm on the north end of Mercer Island, about 5 minutes from the Island Crest exit off I-90 East and have a garage that currently is occupied only by my '09. Free, plenty of room and easy access to Seattle or the Bellevue area. Don't have the facilities that AuburnFJR has though or his tech skills.

Dennis

Lots of good options so far, let us know when you're passing through. I'm close [15 min] to Adventure in Monroe. If they turn out to be your dealer of choice, let me know if I can help in any way.

Here's to a great time on the trip! :drinks:

--G

Lots of good choices, I'd stand behind the Beamer Reamers or the Auburns any day and be willing to come down and help with maintenance if all of our calendars line up.

Fontanmans route is nice, but you could modify this also. And meet us in Castlegar.

The Yellowhead

I couple of route suggestions ...

1. Highway 99 from North Vancouver to Squamish, Whistler (Sea to Sky) and on to Lillooet. From Pemberton to Lillooet has some very twisty sections, a lot of new pavement, and some spectacular scenery.

2. I suspect you are going to Prince George for a reason that does not relate to riding. If not, I would give it a miss. The road to from Kamloops to PG (highway 97)is boring, and the road from PG to Tete Jeune Cache (Highway 16) is equally so. Suggest Highway 8 fom Spences Bridge to Merritt, then 5A from Merritt to Kamloops. From Kamloops the ride on Highway 5 (Yellowhead) is scenic, if not spectacular. The closer you get to Valemount, the better the scenery gets. From Valemount to Jasper is magnificent - the highway takes you right past Mount Robson, about 15 minutes after Valemount. The rest of the ride to Jasper, and through the Columbia Icefields Parkway (Highway 93) to Lake Louise, defies accurate description - "spectacular" is a spectacular understatement!

Highway 93 from Castle Mountain to Radium is also a beautiful ride.

I have family in that part of the world, so I go back at least twice a year, and the roads and scenery never get old.

Hope this helps!

Suar

1. Highway 99 from North Vancouver to Squamish, Whistler (Sea to Sky) and on to Lillooet. From Pemberton to Lillooet has some very twisty sections, a lot of new pavement, and some spectacular scenery.

2. I suspect you are going to Prince George for a reason that does not relate to riding. If not, I would give it a miss. The road to from Kamloops to PG (highway 97)is boring, and the road from PG to Tete Jeune Cache (Highway 16) is equally so. Suggest Highway 8 fom Spences Bridge to Merritt, then 5A from Merritt to Kamloops. From Kamloops the ride on Highway 5 (Yellowhead) is scenic, if not spectacular. The closer you get to Valemount, the better the scenery gets. From Valemount to Jasper is magnificent - the highway takes you right past Mount Robson, about 15 minutes after Valemount. The rest of the ride to Jasper, and through the Columbia Icefields Parkway (Highway 93) to Lake Louise, defies accurate description - "spectacular" is a spectacular understatement!

I have family in that part of the world, so I go back at least twice a year, and the roads and scenery never get old.

Hope this helps!

Suar
+1 - Highway 8 fom Spences Bridge to Merritt is a roller coaster from heaven!! :yahoo: Also the rest of Suar's suggestion is spot on.

Hope this helps!

Suar
Thank you for great feedback and recommendations. I am actually meeting people coming in from the NW coast and was going to connect at Prince George to get some miles under our belts together. I am however absolutely wiling to forgo that for a great ride (I might even take a great ride 2 or more times...smiles). I absolutely need to get a better map where I can see the entire BC route. Let me get my head around the options and I may ping you about a couple of options, if that is ok?

All the best,

AGirlOnTheGo

Thank you, I am going to try to fly out of Seattle so if I can have the bike serviced and leave the bike close to the airport, all the better.

All the best,

AGirlOnTheGo