Datel on a 2010

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRBilldo

Reaction score
Got it all hooked up! Works great! For reference for anyone with a 2010, when cruising around the freeway at about 75 to 85, the meter typically reads a hair over 14 volts. (14.0X) If this has been covered already, my apologies. These readings are with no other electronic farkles running whatsoever except for the meter itself, which draws almost nothing.

photo-1.jpg

Where did you get the black bevelled cover plate? I ordered one from Datel (in blue) for another bike and it didn't have that cover.

Gregg

I too would like to know from whence doth come said bezel. Have one waiting to install and struggling with an aesthetically pleaseing finish.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's an accessory. Also available from Datel. Some of the guys here prefer to mount without it. I don't have the patience to cut that clean of a hole :)

Yo can also get the rubber gasket that goes under the bezel. The button above is a momentary switch so I can push it with the key off and have a look at the battery.

That looks really nice. I have had that panel off before and it didn't see like there was that kid of space behind it. Obviously there is. You didn't happen to measure the distances off of some edges to help the rest of us along?

Got it all hooked up! Works great! For reference for anyone with a 2010, when cruising around the freeway at about 75 to 85, the meter typically reads a hair over 14 volts. (14.0X) If this has been covered already, my apologies. These readings are with no other electronic farkles running whatsoever except for the meter itself, which draws almost nothing.

photo-1.jpg
Where did you get it from?

The button above is a momentary switch so I can push it with the key off and have a look at the battery.
Obviously you tapped the leads into something that is only on when you have the key turned on. So do you have the positive side wired two ways, one to an accessory for when the key is turned on, and the other is to the battery through the SPST (on) switch?

Here is a quick and dirty diagram of how I wired it. Probably the same as everyone else did except for maybe the push button.

Yes it is tight on space but it fits. The relay is down along side the side fairing kind of near the battery.

Drawing1Layout11.jpg

Oops. Added the fuse.

I give up!! Frickin Photobucket....

I added the fuse but it keeps putting the original sketch in there. Anyways there's a fuse as close to the + battery as I could get it.

OK, we got it!!!! :D (Fuse is in there, your browser is reading the picture from your cached pages. It takes a while for photobucket to catch up on your own machine.)

photo-1.jpg
I been through the whole boat load of time on this and it must be a 10 thing. Others report 14.20 and such. I have achieved a 14.18 on high idle one time and run 13.96 to 14.0x consistent. Maybe 14.1X with everything off, but not often.

I am just living with it right now but sure would like to know why not many of us on newer, 10;s a few it seems, never show 14.20?

It starts, I ride it, and the Datel is a nice light over there that is telling me something, that I am not sure I ever needed to know :)

I've been puzzling where to fit a Datel voltmeter and having pulled that panel on our 2008 Gen 2 I've been scratching my head as to how on earth you made it fit! Does the 2010 look the same as this under the panel?

UnderPanel.JPG

Thanks.

Kevin

The meter and the bezel are available at Bike Meters. I have the DMS-20PC-1-DCM in red with 1/10th volt readout, mounted without the bezel in panel D on my '05.

2008-11-15-16h00m18th.jpg

photo-1.jpg
Where did you get it from?
Shit! Pat so sorry I just saw your question. I ordered it directly from DATEL on the web.

Clicky

Better late than never I guess.

The meter and the bezel are available at Bike Meters. I have the DMS-20PC-1-DCM in red with 1/10th volt readout, mounted without the bezel in panel D on my '05.

2008-11-15-16h00m18th.jpg
That's a mighty fine hole ya got there partner.

Nice work!

Me? I am a bezel-less kind of guy. Like the clean look like it was just meant to fit in there. I also like to put it in the upper fairing panel. Less of a hassle when performing the regular task of removing the 'D' panel.

Datel4.jpg