SS1000 on CBR1000RR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha...They are cool guys. I was glad I got to see them for breakfast.

Looks like they are moving along pretty good. SPOT shows them just a hair out of Flagstaff and still moving. :clapping:

He is working on the first saddle sore 2000 on a S1000rr.

Would be great to see him in the Iron Butt Rally one day.
They gotta be feeling it now. They look to be about 60 miles into California. I'd be jonesing for home bad, so I know they wanna get there, but with some serious miles still ahead.

The last few hours are the worst.

Thanks Doug and HotRodZilla for all the support. Great meeting you HotRodZilla. Full ride report to come. Here is a pretty cool picture taken by a NM State Trooper at our turnaround point in Tucumcari, NM.

DSCN2406.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know the top speed and fuel range of a Honda Trail 90? Just asking!!!
Top speed is 60mph, and looks like your range between fill-ups is about 223 miles. Of course that's with no headwind, and the engine not getting tired after wrapping it out at WOT for a few hundred miles. I donno that I'd take on that endeavor.

Haha...

Congrats on being the first S1000RR to complete a documented SS2000. That was a heckuva ride.

Many thanks to HotRodZilla for meeting two LD riders for a brief breakfast while they were on the clock:

DSCN2424.jpg

Next time I am in Albuquerque, though, you will have to meet me at either Sadies or the Owl Cafe:

https://www.yelp.com/biz/the-owl-cafe-albuquerque

https://www.yelp.com/biz/sadies-albuquerque

This is what Mr. sportrides and his partner look like after 1200 miles done and 800 miles to go. Am I imagining it, or does he look a little hunched over after all those miles on a S1000RR:

DSCN2426.jpg

Congrats on being the first to finish a SS2K on a BMW S1000RR.

Last edited by a moderator:
Many thanks to HotRodZilla for meeting two LD riders for a brief breakfast while they were on the clock:

DSCN2424.jpg

Next time I am in Albuquerque, though, you will have to meet me at either Sadies or the Owl Cafe:

https://www.yelp.com/biz/the-owl-cafe-albuquerque

https://www.yelp.com/biz/sadies-albuquerque

This is what Mr. sportrides and his partner look like after 1200 miles done and 800 miles to go. Am I imagining it, or does he look a little hunched over after all those miles on a S1000RR:

DSCN2426.jpg

Congrats on being the first to finish a SS2K on a BMW S1000RR.

Haha...I forgot Ted snuck that picture of me. Honestly, those two guys didn't look too much worse for the wear at that point in the ride. They were hungry as bears though. I thought Bruce was going to eat his plate when he finished his food. Next time they come through, we'll go someplace good to eat.

That being said, Doug, there are really good places to eat in Albuquerque. Neither of the two places you linked is one of them. The Owl is good if you want a shake, but Fudruckers and the Route66 diner are just as good. I don't eat there much, so maybe it's better than last time. I will not eat at Sadie's unless I'm forced. That place is an overpriced hole that only tourists and people that have been eating there for 20 years go to. There are other reasons I don't like it that I won't go into on a public forum.

BUT...There is Loyola's, Los Compadres, Barela's, Monroe's, El Charritos, Palacios, Mariscos and others that will knock your socks off. Or...We could always eat at Pancho's!

Thanks Doug and HotRodZilla for all the support. Great meeting you HotRodZilla. Full ride report to come. Here is a pretty cool picture taken by a NM State Trooper at our turnaround point in Tucumcari, NM.

DSCN2406.jpg

You guys don't look any worse for the wear and good on you to be the first SS2000 on a S1000RR. I'm hoping the meet up & pic taken by the NM Trooper was a cordial event and not a consolation prize for a double performance award!

Thanks for all the comments. It was great meeting you HotRodZilla and what a sweet looking FJR you have! Not only did we have to find a NM state trooper, but he had to be off duty to boot, had to be washing his entire car with the windshield wash "doohicky" at the gas station AND he had to take us to the Route 66 sign and light it up with his squad car lights! That all did happen, but no performance award!