So who is heading from Ontario for NAFO in BC this June?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One paved road up and down, the rest is dirt, we had a look around on the the way back from '09

Thinking of heading north once we hit Winnipeg. The top of the provinces...
There is nothing but dirt farm roads north of Flin Flon.
I was worried about that too. A friend that works in the oil fields tells me there is pavement all the way. I'm going to CAA to find a route that is paved.
If you head straight west from Flin Flon you will be OK and there are actually a few curves, but not many.

If you're well past your prime, and worn down from years of heavy drinking and battling STDs, (and from wandering in circles

and arguing with your GPS), well, ....then running 500 a day for a week or so is doable. After that, not such a good idea. ... fatigue can really bite your ass.
Geez, Bungie. Your honesty is disarming.
Mick, truly one of the nicest things that you have ever said about Bungie! Bravo, Old Michael! And here yamafitter calls you "that Sarcastic Manitoban Paddy"!

Bungie isn't making the trip :angry:

Though I am working hard at telling a certain somebody to go fuck themselves and working hard at moving to Kamloops sometime this summer. Still shooting for June.

EDIT: Anybody passing through Sudbury on they're way to or from is welcome to conk for the night here. Spare bed, couch & beers.
I just might take you up on the offer Steve.

Update -

Ray just sold his house and it is just too nutty with all the moving and other things so Ray had to bale on NAFO. This now means I can either put someone else in my trailer to go across the flat bits or ride across the Northern States. If someone is looking for a bed in Castlegar I have one available.

After NAFO I'm thinking of joining up with Don & Seth and getting Hyderized but after that I'll be coming back to Hazelton BC to see a friend that owns a couple of trials bikes and I might do a day of back country riding in the wilds of Northern BC.

Towing is not my preferred option at this point since I'm into doing some riding and will probably make some arrangement to do an oil change & tires before heading back.