Saturday GCCBurger run thru Jemez

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
UPDATE: meet at walmart on 528 and unser at 10:30 (boy was i off...) KSU 10:45. lunch is La Queva. then through LA to Santa Fe. @ I-25 and 14 south, we can either take 25 for a brisk run back, or take 14 for a little more scenery. Eddie needs to come back sooner, so he's taking 25. i'd rather take 14 myself...

really looking forward.

P.
Hey Paul, here's a dumb question...

The Wal-Mart on Unser and Southern? Or the one at 528 near 550 in north RR?

Or is there a special place Unser and 528 come together that I don't know about? I haven't been living on the west side very long...

man.... i need to lay off the CRACK i guess... or let the coffee take effect. Unser and Southern. between the front door and the garden center.

P.

WlaMart it is. 1030 is much better! I donno where La Queva in Jemez is, but I guess I'll find out.

See you guys then.
La Queva is on NM 4 just as you turn to go to Fenton Lake. there's a little store, a real estate office and a tavern.
Oh...Never eaten there before. Usually eat in Jemez on the Los Ojos patio. The little cafe across the street has icecream.

This thread is mean. I now want a Green Chili Cheeseburger.
These guys are gonna tease me because I'm going to order mine without green chile.
come on over, Phroenips. we got room for more riders..

and, yes, we're gonna give you no END of shit for no green chile...
Haha, I'm a white guy married into a hispanic family... I can take it.
well, i'm a polack who's married to an Irish woman, and we both LOVE hot green chili...

These guys are gonna tease me because I'm going to order mine without green chile.

well, i'm a polack who's married to an Irish woman, and we both LOVE hot green chili...
I always thought it was a Legal New Mexico Residency Requirement you must LOVE hot green chili! Here in Arizona you must eat Menudo and LOVE jalapeno peppers!

Green-Chile-Burger.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Those of us of scandinavian descent have trouble with the spicy foods... but maybe I'll get the chile just to keep you guys off my ass... wouldn't want to give you too much satisfaction B)

I always thought it was a Legal New Mexico Residency Requirement you must LOVE hot green chili! Here in Arizona you must eat Menudo and LOVE jalapeno peppers!

Green-Chile-Burger.jpg
well, Don, since we were both born here, they can't take our green cards away...

https://www.newmexico.org/greenchilecheeseburger/ I am with you Scott, I am going to have to ride out to Tortilla Flats, Arizona today to get a Green Chile Cheeseburger.

But New Mexico does have the Best GCC!

gcct_map_image.jpg
if you go to that site, and look up Jemez Springs under roll call, you'll find Saturday's destination...
Been there, done that and I've got the T-Shirt too! Did you think I got this big belly from eating salads?

photo-4296.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
we decided that this year, instead of riding someplace for lunch, we would make it more interesting. so, we're going to see how many of the spots on that list we can hit. some are gonna have to be over nighters, some are gonna be really close, but it's now a QUEST! we went to Billy's in Los Lunas a couple weeks ago. this is stop # 2 in the quest.

Been there, done that and I've got the T-Shirt too! Did you think I got this big belly from eating salads?

photo-4296.jpg
nope. and the cup in your hand ain't helpin either. just sayin...

Haha...What's funny is that in NM, you can get green chile on a burger just about anywhere. Subway even has green chile.

Go one state over in any direction and ask for green chile and they look at you like you're a crazy person. They all have jalepenos...Dipshits.

See you boys on Saturday.