Finally in my garage

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steel_Gin

Reaction score
Drove my 2012 home on Saturday and it felt NICE! :yahoo: Happy to report no speeding tickets, she worked her way up to 70 a couple times in a 55. Wouldn’t have been fun explaining that when I got home. Big learning curve how this bike handles compared others I’ve owned, it handles great and I’ve only scratched the surface. Beyond words happy.

Also had a little laugh with myself during my first ride; How big was the guy who did the test drives during development? I’m only 5’8” and the mirrors are at least half full of my arms. All I could picture was someone under five tall with legs long enough to touch the ground, that has to be the only way those mirrors got the ok.

Hard time sleeping last night looking forward to riding it to work today. Now I can't wait until work is done so I can ride home. :)

All in all this is a great bike. I couldn’t be happier! :yahoo:

Congrats on your new ride, that color is the fastest!!!

Glad you received NO performance awards for your drive home. You'll have to be careful as it's easy to ramp up speed quickly without knowing it!!

Do some research on the forum to find options for your mirrors. Many replace with FZ 1 mirrors and are happier.

Search the forum via google for your FZ1 mirrors by typing: FZ1 mirrors site:fjrforum.com

Good luck and have fun!

Congrats!

C'mon up to Vermont in August for NERDS. You'll leave with a whole list of shit farkles to spend your last cent on.

And, it's a good time.

I love the enthusiasm on this FORUM.

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Enjoy the ride.

Best regards

Surly

:ph34r:

Welcome aboard mate,

The cheapest fix for a stock mirror setup is to go to Wal-mart and get the 2" round stick ons and put them in the lower outer corner of your mirrors. Works for me anyway. If you want to go the whole route pick up a set of FZ1 mirrors. Take it easy the first couple of weeks until you get use to your new ride. After that it's all good. If you haven't done so already check out the bin of facts here on the forum.

Stay safe,

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome aboard mate,

The cheapest fix for a stock mirror setup is to go to Wal-mart and get the 2" round stick ons and put them in the lower outer corner of your mirrors. Works for me anyway. If you want to go the whole route pick up a set of FZ1 mirrors. Take it easy the first couple of weeks until you get use to your new ride. After that it's all good. If you haven't done so already check out the bin of facts here on the forum.

Stay safe,

Dave
I'm gonna try the round "stick ons"! We've got a Wal Mart here!

I'm all about giving yourself a chance to acclimate to the bike. However, when it comes to the OEM mirrors, ditch those pieces of shit and get the FZ1 mirrors.

I tried the convex mirrors for a couple years and thought I was pretty good. When I put the FZ1 mirrors on, I was amazed!

Thanks a ton everyone! :)

Unfortunately NERDs is out this year, already have a family vacation planned at the same time. I hope to get it on the calendar for next year.

As far as farkles, PIAA sport horns, Fenda Extenda, Frame Sliders, cruise control and Big Foot has been added. Need to back off on farkles for a bit to keep the accountant happy.

It has been a few years since I’ve owned a bike and didn’t realize until today how much I missed it. Feels great to be back on two wheels again and on a FJR to boot. Life is good!!

Happy Riding and Wave!!

Congrats on the purchase...you'll never be disappointed. :clapping:

*Sniff* *sniff*...........

I love a story with a happy ending!

Congrats on the new FJR!!!!
...even though it's a POS GEN II. :lol: ;)

--G
Don't mind George...he'll be cranky until he decides what ELSE to put into his garage... ;)

Congrats on the new wheels! As you ride you'll find more to love. For instance, I actually like my stock mirrors... *gasp*, I know...LOL

The list of farkles is endless, as you know, but make sure to use the community here as everyone agrees its by far and away the single best farkle ever for the FJR. Loads of info in sticky threads and a TO of technical info in the sections here.

Otherwise, just enjoy the new ride, stay alert and don't take wooden nickels...

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a "Very" heavy bike! Especially at slow (parking lot) speed. For a while at least be cautious in those situations. I tend to favour the back brake for a little better control? Congrats on the new steed!

The mirrors on my FJR work fine for me, not to discount those that do have a problem with them.

I test rode a Duc 848 EVO about a month ago, totally, totally, useless mirrors. Beautiful bike, though. Still didn't get it. Got a CBR1000RR instead, with 50% useless mirrors - if I move my elbows some, I can see rearwards. I guess my FJR is not so bad.