SFO '12 Routes

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twistedcricket

You have whiskey?
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
I skipped out last year and I have routes from the previous years (starting/ending in Eureka Springs). Has anyone added any fun routes or has anyone taken the time to re-do the routes using Harrison or Marble Falls (the Hub) as the new start/end point?

I have a new GPS, and new crapsource/basecrap to play with and I'm already losing my mind patience...

I could spend the time re-doing the routes I have from 2009-2010 but if someone has already done it I'll go back to being the lazy observer in this part of the forum.

Well I got several routes....only problem is there all in my head somewhere, not sure I know how to download them to a map machine!

Well I got several routes....only problem is there all in my head somewhere, not sure I know how to download them to a map machine!

You just turn left on that squiggly road past the barking dogs, then turn right on the rollercoaster road past the banjos, then you...

You just turn left on that squiggly road past the barking dogs, then turn right on the rollercoaster road past the banjos, then you...
Oh you mean the one with the big ditch out in front of the house....looks kinda like a great place to crash to me :lol:

Oh you mean the one with the big ditch out in front of the house....looks kinda like a great place to crash to me :lol:
It was really inviting..what can I say. :lol:

I love AR roads...coming back there this fall.

It was really inviting..what can I say. :lol:

I love AR roads...coming back there this fall.

Gimme a date, so I can put it on the schedule!

www.touringtheozarks.com/html/ride_maps.html

This website has a lot of routes (google maps) of the Northwest Arkansas area.

So, we are getting very close. I see that people are recommending various paper maps, but has anyone put any gps routes out there where they can be downloaded?

I've redone routes from my last SFO (2009, or 2010, the last year fjrchick was involved). They now start/end at the Hub.

EDIT:: PM me with your email address Email me and I'll send them.. GPX format. I'll inclued that Twisty Butt route if I can get it redone today.

pmhanson at gmail

I've emailed them to worldbound4now but I think he's been too busy to make sure that he can open them and that all of the waypoints are in tact.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've redone routes from my last SFO (2009, or 2010, the last year fjrchick was involved). They now start/end at the Hub.

EDIT:: PM me with your email address Email me and I'll send them.. GPX format. I'll inclued that Twisty Butt route if I can get it redone today.

pmhanson at gmail

I've emailed them to worldbound4now but I think he's been too busy to make sure that he can open them and that all of the waypoints are in tact.
email sent. Thanks.

Thanks Wheatie. I can make up a route or two from that if I have to. I'm hoping the stuff twistedcricket sends me works out.

With the size of the group we have planning to attend this year I'm sure I can get in with a small group for rides, but I am addicted to using my GPS. :eek:

pmhanson at gmail

email also sent got em thanks cricket

replies to emails sent.

I have gdb and gpx files available.

I have not yet graduated to the map machine process, but if you send them to me and if I can get them to show the map on the computer I will certainly check them out for you.

FYI...I put together a TBA route that starts/ends at the Hub for a ride we did a couple weeks ago. The old TBA route goes through Eureka Springs and I would think you would not really want to do that considering being based out of the Hub. (Unless of course you just want to visit Eureka)

replies to emails sent.

I have gdb and gpx files available.

I have not yet graduated to the map machine process, but if you send them to me and if I can get them to show the map on the computer I will certainly check them out for you.

FYI...I put together a TBA route that starts/ends at the Hub for a ride we did a couple weeks ago. The old TBA route goes through Eureka Springs and I would think you would not really want to do that considering being based out of the Hub. (Unless of course you just want to visit Eureka)
If you send the new route to me I can get it added to what I'm sending out. The existing route covers 533 miles and might take somewhere around 15 hrs.

(If you have the routes already and simply remove waypoints 6, 7 and 18, it chops the route down to 12hrs 30mins, skips Eureka Springs and that "up and back" section along the eastern part of the route).