#1 twistedcricket

twistedcricket

You have whiskey?

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,482 posts
  • Bike: 2007 ABS (Gen II) N. America

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:36 PM

I skipped out last year and I have routes from the previous years (starting/ending in Eureka Springs). Has anyone added any fun routes or has anyone taken the time to re-do the routes using Harrison or Marble Falls (the Hub) as the new start/end point?

I have a new GPS, and new crapsource/basecrap to play with and I'm already losing my mind patience...

I could spend the time re-doing the routes I have from 2009-2010 but if someone has already done it I'll go back to being the lazy observer in this part of the forum.
IBA # 38626

Yep....Major League Hosed, as in "the wife just caught you jerking off to pictures of Regis Philbin" hosed.

-- RadioHowie

#2 fjrrider

fjrrider

aka "sprocket"

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • Bike: 2008 ABS (Gen II) World

Posted 20 March 2012 - 01:30 PM

Well I got several routes....only problem is there all in my head somewhere, not sure I know how to download them to a map machine!
Sometimes you guys just ride too fast!!!!

2010 KTM 530 EXC-R
2007 Honda CRF450X
2005 Honda CR250R

#3 wheatonFJR

wheatonFJR

:D

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,361 posts
  • Bike: 2004 ABS (Gen I) N. America

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:07 PM

Well I got several routes....only problem is there all in my head somewhere, not sure I know how to download them to a map machine!

You just turn left on that squiggly road past the barking dogs, then turn right on the rollercoaster road past the banjos, then you...

#4 Patriot

Patriot

Isabella is Lazarus

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,151 posts
  • Bike: 2004 (Gen I) N. America

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:38 PM

https://madmaps.com/
Mike in Nawlins' ..... 2004.5 FJR 1300 Silver Bullet "Isabella" in Nawlins' ..... Darksider #53
IBA# 42430 . my pics - FLICKR CLICKY HERE and New Orleans Ride Captain; Patriot Guard Riders; www.patriotguard.org
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#5 fjrrider

fjrrider

aka "sprocket"

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 04:43 AM

You just turn left on that squiggly road past the barking dogs, then turn right on the rollercoaster road past the banjos, then you...

Oh you mean the one with the big ditch out in front of the house....looks kinda like a great place to crash to me :lol:

2010 KTM 530 EXC-R
2007 Honda CRF450X
2005 Honda CR250R

#6 wheatonFJR

wheatonFJR

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,361 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 04:57 AM

Oh you mean the one with the big ditch out in front of the house....looks kinda like a great place to crash to me :lol:

It was really inviting..what can I say. :lol:

I love AR roads...coming back there this fall.

#7 fjrrider

fjrrider

aka "sprocket"

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:59 AM

It was really inviting..what can I say. :lol:

I love AR roads...coming back there this fall.

Gimme a date, so I can put it on the schedule!

2010 KTM 530 EXC-R
2007 Honda CRF450X
2005 Honda CR250R

#8 twistedcricket

twistedcricket

You have whiskey?

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 03:37 PM

It's ok. I made the changes to a few and made a few of my own. Hopefully the TwistyButt team posts the route files up soon!
IBA # 38626

Yep....Major League Hosed, as in "the wife just caught you jerking off to pictures of Regis Philbin" hosed.

-- RadioHowie

#9 Patriot

Patriot

Isabella is Lazarus

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,151 posts
  • Bike: 2004 (Gen I) N. America

Posted 31 March 2012 - 07:03 PM

https://madmaps.com/

on sale through April 16th

see the thread under "For Sale" on the forum
Mike in Nawlins' ..... 2004.5 FJR 1300 Silver Bullet "Isabella" in Nawlins' ..... Darksider #53
IBA# 42430 . my pics - FLICKR CLICKY HERE and New Orleans Ride Captain; Patriot Guard Riders; www.patriotguard.org
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#10 vabrzn

vabrzn

FJR Pilot

• Members++
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  • Bike: 2013A (Gen III) N. America

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:33 AM

www.touringtheozarks.com/html/ride_maps.html

This website has a lot of routes (google maps) of the Northwest Arkansas area.
Posted Image Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#11 Geezer

Geezer

Parsimonious Curmudgeon

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,537 posts
  • Bike: 2005 (Gen I) N. America

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:59 AM

So, we are getting very close. I see that people are recommending various paper maps, but has anyone put any gps routes out there where they can be downloaded?
'Frodo, It's a dangerous business, going out one's front door'

#12 wheatonFJR

wheatonFJR

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,361 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:15 AM

So, we are getting very close. I see that people are recommending various paper maps, but has anyone put any gps routes out there where they can be downloaded?

Greg, here's something from 2010

#13 twistedcricket

twistedcricket

You have whiskey?

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 11:27 AM

I've redone routes from my last SFO (2009, or 2010, the last year fjrchick was involved). They now start/end at the Hub.

EDIT:: PM me with your email address Email me and I'll send them.. GPX format. I'll inclued that Twisty Butt route if I can get it redone today.

pmhanson at gmail

I've emailed them to worldbound4now but I think he's been too busy to make sure that he can open them and that all of the waypoints are in tact.
IBA # 38626

-- RadioHowie

#14 Geezer

Geezer

Parsimonious Curmudgeon

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,537 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 02:52 PM

I've redone routes from my last SFO (2009, or 2010, the last year fjrchick was involved). They now start/end at the Hub.

EDIT:: PM me with your email address Email me and I'll send them.. GPX format. I'll inclued that Twisty Butt route if I can get it redone today.

pmhanson at gmail

I've emailed them to worldbound4now but I think he's been too busy to make sure that he can open them and that all of the waypoints are in tact.

email sent. Thanks.

#15 Geezer

Geezer

Parsimonious Curmudgeon

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,537 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 02:58 PM

Greg, here's something from 2010

Thanks Wheatie. I can make up a route or two from that if I have to. I'm hoping the stuff twistedcricket sends me works out.

With the size of the group we have planning to attend this year I'm sure I can get in with a small group for rides, but I am addicted to using my GPS. :o

#16 griff

griff

FJR Pilot

• Members++
  • PipPipPip
  • 394 posts
  • Bike: 2003 (Gen I) N. America

Posted 24 May 2012 - 04:04 PM

pmhanson at gmail

email also sent got em thanks cricket
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#17 twistedcricket

twistedcricket

You have whiskey?

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 05:21 PM

replies to emails sent.

I have gdb and gpx files available.
IBA # 38626

-- RadioHowie

#18 glory racing

glory racing

FJR Pilot

• Members++
  • PipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 06:21 AM

replies to emails sent.

I have not yet graduated to the map machine process, but if you send them to me and if I can get them to show the map on the computer I will certainly check them out for you.

FYI...I put together a TBA route that starts/ends at the Hub for a ride we did a couple weeks ago. The old TBA route goes through Eureka Springs and I would think you would not really want to do that considering being based out of the Hub. (Unless of course you just want to visit Eureka)

I wanna ride fast!

2010 VFR 1200,  2008 FZ1

#19 twistedcricket

twistedcricket

You have whiskey?

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 07:28 AM

replies to emails sent.

I have not yet graduated to the map machine process, but if you send them to me and if I can get them to show the map on the computer I will certainly check them out for you.

FYI...I put together a TBA route that starts/ends at the Hub for a ride we did a couple weeks ago. The old TBA route goes through Eureka Springs and I would think you would not really want to do that considering being based out of the Hub. (Unless of course you just want to visit Eureka)

If you send the new route to me I can get it added to what I'm sending out. The existing route covers 533 miles and might take somewhere around 15 hrs.

(If you have the routes already and simply remove waypoints 6, 7 and 18, it chops the route down to 12hrs 30mins, skips Eureka Springs and that "up and back" section along the eastern part of the route).
IBA # 38626

-- RadioHowie

#20 dsbiker

dsbiker

Training Pilot

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 12:44 PM

replies to emails sent.

If you send the new route to me I can get it added to what I'm sending out. The existing route covers 533 miles and might take somewhere around 15 hrs.

(If you have the routes already and simply remove waypoints 6, 7 and 18, it chops the route down to 12hrs 30mins, skips Eureka Springs and that "up and back" section along the eastern part of the route).

Please send routes 'E'Mail dsbiker@juno.com thanks, looking forward to seeing everyone soon