Vera's Whit Sands, Lusby, MD Saturday, April 28th

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hello Kitty

Reaction score
Hey All,

I'm hosting a RTE for the Big Money Rally (bigmoneyrally.com) at Vera's White Sands in Lusby, MD on Saturday, April 28th 11AM - 2PM. This is a bonus location for riders in the rally, but others are welcome to attend as well! Prizes will only be available to rally participants. There is still time to sign up for the rally - it works kind of like the ride Ed Phelps puts on, but it is over in mid-May. Feel free to check out the website and sign up if you're interested!

Even if you don't sign up, it's a neat place to check out, so come on down!

PS, Maryland isn't really Northeast or Southeast, it's more Mid Atlantic, so I'm posting in both

Since I am already registered in the BMR, and this is but a 300 mile round trip for me, I might just be able to manage this one.

Only potential issue is that my band is playing that evening and it might be a very late night.

Put me down as a highly likely at this point.

Pete

Pete,

This is an easy one, leave early, get some locations along the way, more or less, and be there for 11AM :)

Dang, I'll be down in SC on that date.

Be wary of State Troopers on Rt. 4 once you cross over the Calvert County line.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pete,

This is an easy one, leave early, get some locations along the way, more or less, and be there for 11AM :)
Okay you smooth talking feline, I will be there around 11am. Might even talk the Hotch into riding down as well.

Um, tell Hotch that he has been ORDERED to be present. I fully expect both of your bikes to be completely adorned with Hello Kitty materials. Up to complete pink (or other pastel color) paint with little kitty heads would be acceptable. I don't care if anyone is in BMR or not. Complete and total Hello Kitty dressing of bikes is expected. Angry Kitty = Bad For You. Got it?

Um, tell Hotch that he has been ORDERED to be present. I fully expect both of your bikes to be completely adorned with Hello Kitty materials. Up to complete pink (or other pastel color) paint with little kitty heads would be acceptable. I don't care if anyone is in BMR or not. Complete and total Hello Kitty dressing of bikes is expected. Angry Kitty = Bad For You. Got it?
Okay, okay. I got it!!!

Yikes...

Bump - let me know if anyone else would like to join us. There's going to be a bunch of non-BMR dudes there. Some big names in LD riding to boot! :) Hello Kitty can't be there herself, but her cousin is coming. So is my little sister. Promises to be an interesting day!

My buddy Hotch and I had a nice leisurely ride down yesterday to Vera's, followed by a not so leisurely ride back!

Vera's was quite simply an awesome setting, great scenery, good food, and some great company.

Weather held up for us, and I got a few more BMR points, so all said, a great day out, and I got back in plenty of time.

Thanks Kitty for putting this together.

Pete

Really glad you could make it, Pete! It was great meeting you and getting to chat a little bit. I hope your rectum has stopped bleeding. Oy. :lol:

Lil sis really liked you and appreciated your advice for Edinburgh. That is saying something. She hates everyone.

Not much to say. Had my camera in my back pocket all the way down there, and ended up with Polaroids. Cream has since helped!

Last edited by a moderator:
Bwa ha ha!

Too bad you didn't make it down to Bmore for the final bonus of the rally yesterday :angry:

Bwa ha ha!

Too bad you didn't make it down to Bmore for the final bonus of the rally yesterday :angry:
Trust me Nancy, I wanted to, but work got in the way. Hopefully catch up at the MD2020, where I will likely be propping up the Hotchster at the bar again after the banquet!

Pete

Latest posts