Need a frame slider favor...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the Motivation Sliders on. They are 2" OD on both sides. The Left side is 2" the whole length of it. The Right side narrows down to 1.5" just before it goes through the Slot in the Fairing. Cheers! :)

img2602rf.jpg

Is that what you're looking for?

It's close enough. I have 6061 tube and 2" mds filled nylon laying around. Figured I'd dust off the lathe and see if I can fab something nice.

It's close enough. I have 6061 tube and 2" mds filled nylon laying around. Figured I'd dust off the lathe and see if I can fab something nice.
Cool. I'm a Former Aircraft Structural Repair Guy myself so I know what you're doing. In the World of Metal, 6061 is as hard as a Rock so, I think it'll work just fine! Enjoy! :)

Ok, if you're making your own, let me help you duplicate them exactly because the are not the same length.

The Left one is 3.56" Long and 2" OD for it's entire length. The Right side Is 3.77" total length but, only 2.73" of 2" OD and the remaining 1.04" is 1.5" OD. The difference in length is to compensate for the Chassis being off center by that much. The ends will both be the exact distance from the center line of the bike. Have Fun! :)

Ok, if you're making your own, let me help you duplicate them exactly because the are not the same length.

The Left one is 3.56" Long and 2" OD for it's entire length. The Right side Is 3.77" total length but, only 2.73" of 2" OD and the remaining 1.04" is 1.5" OD. The difference in length is to compensate for the Chassis being off center by that much. The ends will both be the exact distance from the center line of the bike. Have Fun! :)
Mucho grassy-ass Senior.

Cool. I'm a Former Aircraft Structural Repair Guy myself so I know what you're doing. In the World of Metal, 6061 is as hard as a Rock so, I think it'll work just fine! Enjoy! :)

Well there's another similarity - I was an A&P/IA for about 10 years in a former life. Now I just fly the beasts. It's easier but not as rewarding.

Mucho grassy-ass Senior.
:assassin:

Well there's another similarity - I was an A&P/IA for about 10 years in a former life. Now I just fly the beasts. It's easier but not as rewarding.
I was the same thing for many years until I was in the right place at the right time and got sent to NDT School. Now, that's what I do. I have the best job in Aviation but, I agree! I kinda miss turning wrenches and bagging metal. Not complaining of coarse! :rolleyes: