KrZy8 Engine Swap Day

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Good idea or not?

• Yes - Yamaha screwed the pooch on this design

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • No - Yamaha did it that way for a reason!

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • Who cares about dirty TBA plates, you're the CBA prez!

Votes: 7 30.4%

• Total voters
TominCa - woohoo dude for the kickstand switch MIA connector! ...
Remembering that Carver works at a nuclear power plant I would have thought he would be able to read a simple electrical schematic ...

sidestand-switch-L.jpg

To be fair his mind was on other issues. We had you covered.

I know what RH thinks, and there has been a lot of speculation, but I don't think the Crankcase Breather hose is what causes the dirty TB plates.

And yes, remove the airbox.

Good luck mi amigo. Wish I could have been there.
What do you think did cause the dirty TB plates? That whole under-seat area looks pretty dirty/dusty to me. Does the owner live on a dirt road ? ? ?

What do you think did cause the dirty TB plates? That whole under-seat area looks pretty dirty/dusty to me. Does the owner live on a dirt road ? ? ?
The Hondarosa is located at the end of a three mile dirt road. The owner looks like 10 miles of bad road.

Well i got home from Creston about an hour ago after a very secessful weekend and another fine run across highway 58 in the rain (i love AWD)....

R

The Hondarosa is located at the end of a three mile dirt road. The owner looks like 10 miles of bad road.
Hey, I resemble that remark! :lol:

Well i got home from Creston about an hour ago after a very secessful weekend and another fine run across highway 58 in the rain (i love AWD)....

R
Woo Hoo! No LEO encounters, R?

Congratulations doctors on your successful heart transplant. Glad to hear that your patient is breathing normally. Now for the hard part: getting all the clothes back on...

Gary

darksider #44

Educational entertainment at it's best! Thanks for taking pic's and streaming all this for the rest of us! Really enjoyed the show!

:yahoo: Ray put his signature on the sign! :yahoo:

:clapping: And drove the "classic" Southbound. :clapping:

:clapping: :yahoo: Great job, gentlemen (and I meant the last word used)! :yahoo: :clapping:

Ray is one awesome dude. He's currently in Dorris, CA, been driving all day, has about 2.5 hours to go. Don't know how he's doing it.. I'm ready for bed and it's not even 9 pm! :unsure:

Don,

Congrats... Thanks for taking us along with your perservering saga..

long live KrZy8 and a Salute to your Friends!

Doctor Howard, Doctor Fine, Doctor Howard.

Let me pile on with my congratulations on a job well done!! You guys dun great. None of us want to have to go through what you just have, but it sure is comforting to know that these bikes can be rejuvenated in such a situation.

Here's to hitting another 150k on KrZy8,eh? :fans:

Congrats to all that brought KrZy8 back. :clapping: Carver, good luck with the re-energized girl.... :assassin:

Dirt roads are not the root cause. Too many of us have those nasty looking TB plates that don't ride dirt roads.

I don't know what the root cause is. Oiled air filters like K&N I think are a possibility. Maybe it's 'normal'. Who knows.

Dirt roads are not the root cause. Too many of us have those nasty looking TB plates that don't ride dirt roads.

I don't know what the root cause is. Oiled air filters like K&N I think are a possibility. Maybe it's 'normal'. Who knows.
Ahhhh, thanks SkooterG, that makes sense to me. These awesome engines Suck Big-time (I mean that in the very best way), and I can see them pulling oil from a slightly overdone K&N, or similar filter. Dry Filters for me for sure.

Good luck on the new motor.

Hope it takes care of you.

Many more miles.

Joe (Bob)