SE Ohio Ride 3-22-12 & Oops

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bockelrider

Reaction score
Well Gray Ray and I had a super ride in the morning and lunch on the river. Weather could not have been better. After lunch we went over and started up 555. Just below Chesterhill I had a bit of a problem. You will have to ask Ray for the details as I am a little fuzzy at the moment. He said something about me going into a blind 25 corner at 60 or so and a semi cutting the corner so I tossed the bike down and slid through under the trailer.....and then...and then... well poo I can't think of any more story line right now but you know it will be cool when I do!!!

Bike is a bit scratched up and I am going to try and go back down and get it today. That stupid guy at the ER said something about a broken fibula...what the heck do they know??

Gray Ray saved my day. He stuck with me until my wife showed up and got my bike to a safe place. This chewed up at least 4-5 hours of good riding time. He was also nice enough to turn his head when he was laughing at my lack of riding skills.

I can not say how happy to be in the FJR family. You always have a friend close by.

Ray thank you again for all your help yesterday. Your new car is on back order but will be coming soon and I will be providing your beer for many future events!!

Steve

Wow Steve...glad you made it out alive! Really sorry to hear of your getoff. :(

Sorry to hear of your oopsie. Heal up and get better soon. :clapping:

(Warning to others...Steve is a REALLY good rider. If he can get bit...so can you. So watch yourself when you come visit SE Ohio. Really.)

Steve, I really hope you heal up quickly!

Hoe-lee CRAP!! :(

MAN am I glad to hear you're OK.

Just reading the "semi cutting the corner" thing made me pucker.

I gotta go pull this wedgie outta my ass...

So very glad that you were not hurt more seriously. This a a great reason to have a riding buddy, especially when you are on the twisties. Just out of curiousity, did the truck stop?

Speedy recovery brother.

Very sorry to hear about your get off Steve.I know the feeling,555 eat one of my bikes in '03.

I don't know where your bike is,but I'm probably reasonably close to it,so if I can be of any help let me know.I have a pick up and I'm pretty sure I could get a trailer if you want to get her home.

If she's rideable I could run her up.Let me know if I can help.

Denny

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! UNDER the trailer? How the hell did you miss the trollies? Glad you are able to walk away and post about it the day after. Could have been much worse. Big +1 on riding with a buddy. Good on ya Ray!

Come on guys! Humor..Humor... Maybe next week the story will be over the truck!!! It is all BS to cover my shame in getting into a corner way too hot and tossing my bike down after locking the rear brake up.

No.... next week it will be under the first truck and over the second truck!!!

Ray did have a hand in the story line...he came up with the truck idea.

Thanks for all the good thoughts and offers to help!!!

My boy is going to bring the bike home later today.

The truth comes out...over the truck you say...

evel-knievel-jump12.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, glad you're alright. Like Mark said, if you can go down on that road anybody can. Makes me glad I go with the slow group during the Ramble.

What happened to us yesterday was as simple as one word FATIGUE. We had been riding very hard on very twisty roads all morning.We stopped for lunch (no alcohol). When we started for home we told each other that we were both tired and were going to take it easy and enjoy the scenery. We were going up 555 and not going anywhere close to the pace we were going in the morning. Steve was leading, we were going around a 20mph right hander, for some reason he touched the rear brake, it locked up and down he went. Steve and I are both racers. The first thing they teach you in race school is, (Never touch your rear brake unless you are off the track) When you hit the rear brake all the weight transferrs to the front wheel, with no weight on the rear wheel it locks up, you lose the gyroscopic motion of the back wheel and down you go.

What happened after the accident should be a lesson to everybody. When sombody breaks a major bone they are eather in shock or are going to be in shock very soon. "There was no cell phone reception". I urge everyone to go on line and put in (treatment for shock) go to the U.S.Army study guide, print it out, keep it with you.

Do not remove the boot, you're never going to get it back on with the swelling, and the swelling will help stabilize the break.

On the racetrack I crash alot. I carry hydrocodone with me when I ride. It came in very handy yesterday. We were lucky!

Gray Ray

Moto Series #65

P.S. "Stupid Hurts"

Well, besides Ray calling Steve stupid, I think that was a very nice post. :)

So Steve, does this mean that you won't be riding this coming weekend...or are you just taking Saturday off?

I wasn't calling Steve stupid. I'm the stupid one.

If you don't believe that just check the spelling and gramar of my last reply

I'm just jesting with these posts...but behind the jests, I'm real sorry that the day ended that way Steve.

...and No...that wasn't me driving the truck.