anybody up for a ride thru S.E.Ohio this week

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gray ray

Reaction score
Weather is supposed to be good late this week. Anybody want to take a ride thru South East Ohio. I'm thinking 800 to 78 to 556 to 7 to 800 to 26 to Mariett. Boathouse for lunch, 550 to 555 to Zanesville.

Gray Ray #65

Moto Series

Mark,

We were going up the nickel and there was this semi accross the road and... never mind.

I talked to him yesterday and was very pleased to hear that he is doing about as well as can be expected. He says that he is comming to Nelson's in April. I think he has earned first dibs on my spare bike. I would hate to see you and him fighting over one bike.

See you in May,

Gray Ray #65

Moto Series

I would love to...but I don't think my tires would handle it at this point. Trying to get the last few miles out of them, before putting on the new set

Guy's

Can somebody tell me why,when its time for me to get a set of new hoops nobody's having a Group Buy. Anybody out there in cyber-space know of a good deal on a set or two of Pilot Road 2s. I'll bet because we've all rode a lot more this Winter that we've gone threw our tires faster. Most of the time if I didn't put a new set of tires on for EOM then they come just before the "Spring Ramble" I'm in the same boat as Joe. Maybe were just to early in the season for tire deals, I don't know, beats me? Anybody out there with a suggestion?

Guy's

Can somebody tell me why,when its time for me to get a set of new hoops nobody's having a Group Buy. Anybody out there in cyber-space know of a good deal on a set or two of Pilot Road 2s. I'll bet because we've all rode a lot more this Winter that we've gone threw our tires faster. Most of the time if I didn't put a new set of tires on for EOM then they come just before the "Spring Ramble" I'm in the same boat as Joe. Maybe were just to early in the season for tire deals, I don't know, beats me? Anybody out there with a suggestion?
Here you go Dave...best deal around right now...

https://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=3175

Hey when are you racing guys gonna buy tire changing equipment?

I just had a new rear PR 3 put on my bike last week. Total new tread design. Seems to stick well enough. I sure hope in lasts longer then the PR 2's. I went thru two sets last year. They seem to last very well for several thousand miles, then all of a sudden they're gone.

S T G is a great place to get a set of 2's. They are the people who sponsor Jeff Wrobel, he races with us at Moto Series. (AMA PRO) I think he finished 17th in the country last year. If you want to see somebody who is fast, try running down the back straight at +120 seeing turn #12 comming up, grabbing as many brakes and gears as you can, praying to GOD you can slow down enough to make the corner and have Jeff pass you at +150. Can you say Pucker.

Gray Ray

Ok, yesterday, Sunday 3/25, I rode up the 555 from Belpre to rt 37. I planned on going all the way to Zanesville, but after that long on the 555, I was worn out. I know, that I am just a re-beginner and my skills are not what everyone else's are, but that was more of a workout than anything else. Lots of gravel and debris in the road, and the turns are crazy. I think I will get lots more seat time before I do that again. As my Dad would have said, that road leaves a dark brown taste in your mouth. Good luck on your ride, and watch out for all the loose stuff.

...and the turns are crazy.
Yep, that's the Ohio Ramble for ya. 555 has some challenging bits, so do some of the other roads. The trick is remembering where they are. I never remember.

That's why I go about 75% on these roads until I'm in the turn...cuz you just don't know which turn has the ditch that is dying to meetcha.

Yep, that's the Ohio Ramble for ya. 555 has some challenging bits, so do some of the other roads. The trick is remembering where they are. I never remember.

That's why I go about 75% on these roads until I'm in the turn...cuz you just don't know which turn has the ditch that is dying to meetcha.

75% wold have been great, I think the fastest i got was maybe 50, and gear selection was a bitch, and I ride and AE. My average speed could not have been more than 30 and I could not use the paddle shift because of the death grop on the handlebar. I need a lot more seat time before I try that again.

Hey Brent, these guya are all crazy...that must be why I enjoy riding with them so much. Seriously, take yer time with that bike...you just got it.

Joe,

I've chased you around enough to know that your definitely in the Crazy Fast category, Sounds to me a little like the Fire callin the Kettle Black.

Just sayin !!!!

Dave

Hey Brent, these guya are all crazy...that must be why I enjoy riding with them so much. Seriously, take yer time with that bike...you just got it.

Don't worry about me, I have gone down twice on previous bikes and do not want a repeat. Gettin old makes you smarter and more chicken.