VA Tech Day Interest?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steering bearing maintenance, fork flush, valve clearance check, and a partridge in a PAIR tree. With the exception of the PAIR (something I'd thought about doing at some point), the rest I've yet to experience/learn on the FJR. Would be fun to cover a couple of those at least. Probably do a TBS as well since it seems to be one of the themes. Can't really drag my homemade manometer up there. ;)

It also would be good to see you and have a beer Heidi!
Yeah, it would be be awesome seeing you, also. If I don't see you for this I am planning to make the Breaks camp trip. We can drink massive amounts then!! lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I leave for my trip across America on 5/5. I would prefer the tech day to be on the weekend of 4/28. 4/21 is my b-day. The Mrs. might veto me going to a tech day that weekend (claims she is planning something for me). I wouldn't mind doing a PAIR install and a TBS. I have a Carbtune that I can bring.
Hey Scott, the 22nd is my birthday. Your work is easy. Mike has his mad scientist manometer and I have a carbtune, so we can knock the TBS out easy. Do you have the Pair covers to install. that is easy as well once the tank is off for the TBS.

I would throw a vote in there for the weekend of 4/14-15.
I hit up Dave on the PAIR thread to see if he has made more yet. Hope to get a set in by the tech day.

I think this is the closest Tech. Day to Maryland I've read of on the forum. Although, I didn't search. Depending on the day, I might consider stopping buy to spectate and share cigars. If you'll have me? The only thing I think I need to do is check the run-out on my rotors.

...and I think I have a AVCC around here somewhere.
Hey, I don't know if the Tech Day is still on or what date was decided on but I also have one kicking around and would love to watch/help/whatever one get installed. Yours, mine, whichever. I bought it in a moment of motivation but have never felt up to trying the install on my own. Has anybody done one of these?

Dave said he should be able to get the PAIRs done and shipped before the tech day. He would prefer to ship to one location if possible. I am willing to have him ship to me and bring them to the tech day. Dave will need time to get them made and shipped. I am going to place my order with Dave on 4/5. If you want a PAIR system from Dave, either order one up from Dave, or let me know and I will add it to my order.

Trying to get my Schedule together by Wed. Lot of personal stuff happening. My necks been fucked, but better now as I can move.

Sister-in-law is in the Hospice center, not looking good.

Hey Bob shouldn't that be worked on Mike's bike once? I believe our two battery events balance each other out! And riding to the battery place doesn't count. I do appreciate the phone call, made my day.

Trying to get my Schedule together by Wed. Lot of personal stuff happening. My necks been fucked, but better now as I can move.

Sister-in-law is in the Hospice center, not looking good.

Hey Bob shouldn't that be worked on Mike's bike once? I believe our two battery events balance each other out! And riding to the battery place doesn't count. I do appreciate the phone call, made my day.
Sorry to hear about Jackie's sister. That suscks. Been through it more times than I care to admit.

As for the battery deal, there is no cancellation. Mine died in MY garage and didn't inconvenience you! Yours, on the other hand....

Dave said he should be able to get the PAIRs done and shipped before the tech day. He would prefer to ship to one location if possible. I am willing to have him ship to me and bring them to the tech day. Dave will need time to get them made and shipped. I am going to place my order with Dave on 4/5. If you want a PAIR system from Dave, either order one up from Dave, or let me know and I will add it to my order.
Last call! I am going to drop my order to Dave this evening. If anyone else wants in let me know.

Ok,how about 4/28/12 ? PM if you plan on attending.

I can put a few long distance guys up for the night.

Oh, and what kind of maintenance will you be wanting to try?

I'd like to come by. Don’t really need any maintenance, just want to meet, watch and learn, look at the bikes, setups, see what’s under the hood, etc. If anyone will be doing TBS, I might join. It’ll be a day trip for me, leaving from Virginia Beach in the morning and returning the same day.

For those of you in the Tidewater area is anyone interested in a group ride?

I'd like to come by. Don’t really need any maintenance, just want to meet, watch and learn, look at the bikes, setups, see what’s under the hood, etc. If anyone will be doing TBS, I might join. It’ll be a day trip for me, leaving from Virginia Beach in the morning and returning the same day.

For those of you in the Tidewater area is anyone interested in a group ride?
I may be interested 919. Blind Squirrel is right up the road, also.

I'm interested in a TBS & a fork flush. I think that I'm going to try heavier oil in my forks. The dive is just crazy & I cannot afford to rebuild them right now. Does anyone else have any other suggestions on what to do for old forks that have a poor owner?

I plan on making it a day trip too. I'd be happy to meet up to ride up there. I plan on doing 64/95. I need to stop by Morton's BMW to pick up something for my helmet. I'm bringing my Carbtune to do a TBS and plan on putting on PAIR covers while the tank is up.

Just came across this thread and now wish I wouldn't have. I'm going to be in N.C. that entire weekend, good news is I will be on the bike!!

Well maybe next time around.

Have fun!

Mike