Sasquatch shock rebuild

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

superfuzz

Reaction score
I sent my shock off to Sasquatchfor a rebuild on the strength of reviews here. My impression of Jay was excellent right from the get-go; very knowledgable and prompt to call back. I chatted with him about my previous rides and what I was hoping for on my FJR.

Turnaround on the rebuild was reasonably prompt and the shock arrived with the fork springs Jay recommended to match the shock spring rate.

I reinstalled the shock and took it out for a brief shake-down last night. The ride is greatly improved and I could tell immediately that the spring rate was much better suited for my *ahem* slightly husky build. The ride was firm but not rough, with smooth, controlled damping.

I am looking forward to the complete overall improvement when I get my fork spring installed.

The results combined with what I think is a good price (especially compared to OEM replacement or aftermarket options) cause me to give this two thumbs up!! :yahoo:

Had Sasquatch do the same to my [former] '06 shock this time last year. Great service, and a definite improvement over stock. Combined with proper rate RT fork springs it transformed the bike from softly sprung to one with a nice firm controlled ride.

Great budget alternative to aftermarket, with the bonus of now having a rebuildable shock.

--G