#1 superfuzz

superfuzz

FJR Pilot

• Members++
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • 2006 ABS (Gen II) World

Posted 25 March 2012 - 06:13 PM

I sent my shock off to Sasquatchfor a rebuild on the strength of reviews here. My impression of Jay was excellent right from the get-go; very knowledgable and prompt to call back. I chatted with him about my previous rides and what I was hoping for on my FJR.

Turnaround on the rebuild was reasonably prompt and the shock arrived with the fork springs Jay recommended to match the shock spring rate.

I reinstalled the shock and took it out for a brief shake-down last night. The ride is greatly improved and I could tell immediately that the spring rate was much better suited for my *ahem* slightly husky build. The ride was firm but not rough, with smooth, controlled damping.

I am looking forward to the complete overall improvement when I get my fork spring installed.

The results combined with what I think is a good price (especially compared to OEM replacement or aftermarket options) cause me to give this two thumbs up!! :yahoo:

IBA# 54446, SS1k & B2B

1999 Honda VTR1000 Superhawk, 1999 Honda VFR800 Interceptor

#2 garauld

garauld

TIGmeister

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts
  • 2004 ABS (Gen I) N. America

Posted 25 March 2012 - 06:31 PM

They don't list prices for FJR shock rebuilds on their site. Can you tell us what it cost you? :rolleyes:
2004 FJR (Red)
1980 WR390
1974 V7 Sport

"If ya can't be handsome, ya may as well be handy!"

#3 superfuzz

superfuzz

FJR Pilot

• Members++
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • 2006 ABS (Gen II) World

Posted 25 March 2012 - 06:37 PM

$450 for the rebuild. Includes new valving and spring.

IBA# 54446, SS1k & B2B

1999 Honda VTR1000 Superhawk, 1999 Honda VFR800 Interceptor

#4 escapefjrtist

escapefjrtist

Searching for Dry Roads

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,995 posts
  • 2009 ABS (Gen II) N. America

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:30 PM

Had Sasquatch do the same to my [former] '06 shock this time last year. Great service, and a definite improvement over stock. Combined with proper rate RT fork springs it transformed the bike from softly sprung to one with a nice firm controlled ride.

Great budget alternative to aftermarket, with the bonus of now having a rebuildable shock.

--G

IBA 34365

'09 FJR

'12 Super Tenere