Adjustable handle bar risers

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Judd

Reaction score
I don't really want risers as the height of my 04 FJR is just fine, it's the angle that bothers me. Is there anything out there that would allow me to rotate the ends of the bars forward a bit?

Well, yes and no, so you can at least have hope that your search isn't doomed to frustration. I bought a pair used here on the forum some years back and they do what you want, although the also raise the bars about 3/4". I found this site that shows them, but they're very hard to track down; I've looked for other sources for them and found lots of dead-ends. By the way, they do fit my '05, so they're also ok for your '04.

I wanted them to pull the bars way back toward me--much more raked than the stock look. Mine are so far back, in fact, that they're sometimes a little hindered by my tank bag, but I really like not having to reach and lean for the grips. They rotate through maybe 30-40 degrees of travel and then lock down with an internal setscrew. You might be able to find some--can't say, but at least they exist.

Well, yes and no, so you can at least have hope that your search isn't doomed to frustration. I bought a pair used here on the forum some years back and they do what you want, although the also raise the bars about 3/4". I found this site that shows them, but they're very hard to track down; I've looked for other sources for them and found lots of dead-ends. By the way, they do fit my '05, so they're also ok for your '04.

I wanted them to pull the bars way back toward me--much more raked than the stock look. Mine are so far back, in fact, that they're sometimes a little hindered by my tank bag, but I really like not having to reach and lean for the grips. They rotate through maybe 30-40 degrees of travel and then lock down with an internal setscrew. You might be able to find some--can't say, but at least they exist.

Thanks for that link,,,,,, anyone else? Maybe some place state side?