BBG end witness(es) needed

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CraigRegs

Reaction score
So I'm planning a BBG this summer, date dependent on weather and various other distractions in life. Two mapping programs and Google maps all show a 1530-mile route from my town, through SD to Buffalo, WY, south to Cheyenne, WY, then east toward home ending at... York, Nebraska.

Any forum members willing to be an end witness in York? Lincoln is another 42 miles down the road, so that's a possibility, but I like being conservative in my planning and would rather not add 35 more minutes to the ride if I don't have to.

Facts I can offer:

Ride won't be the weekends of 4/28, 5/5, 5/12, 6/16, or 6/23, and 7/8 isn't likely. End time of the ride will be after midnight, possibly around 2-3am.

Any takers?

So I'm planning a BBG this summer, date dependent on weather and various other distractions in life. Two mapping programs and Google maps all show a 1530-mile route from my town, through SD to Buffalo, WY, south to Cheyenne, WY, then east toward home ending at... York, Nebraska.

Any forum members willing to be an end witness in York? Lincoln is another 42 miles down the road, so that's a possibility, but I like being conservative in my planning and would rather not add 35 more minutes to the ride if I don't have to.

Facts I can offer:

Ride won't be the weekends of 4/28, 5/5, 5/12, 6/16, or 6/23, and 7/8 isn't likely. End time of the ride will be after midnight, possibly around 2-3am.

Any takers?
Craig-

Wish I could repay you. You know... West Palm is a BBG away from you... You could change your

route a little. I like your first leg. SD has nicely spaced rest stops, though the winds can be testy.

You have your Kristas now, which will work great. I will be watching for updated plans- as I will

be in your area June, August and September. Who knows- :rolleyes:

I'm only about 200 miles from there in Topeka, KS. Let me know when your sure of your dates and I can check my work schedule. If I can't, good-luck!

I'm way closer. PM me and I'll send you my contact info.

EDIT: That's not really a horrible place to end a run. There are a few fuel stations and places to eat right off the slab.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not very far away either, I can jet up there most any weekend if you need me to.
Thanks Jocko. TwistedCricket looks to be available and closest, so I'll try to arrange it with him, but will keep you in mind. I'm leaning toward 5/26 (Memorial Day weekend-not a great choice) or 6/9. Knocked out an 850-mile shakedown run Saturday. Have a few items to address from that run, then I think I'll just be waiting for weather and witnesses to align.

Latest posts