KrZy8's *Virgin* Ride

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dcarver

Reaction score
Wow. What a wonderful platform the FJR is - power, handling, comfort, speed, cornering.

I've been riding a DL650 for the last 2, 3 months? since KrZy8 developed a cracked head or block and just yesterday, FjRay, Fairlaner, and I got the engines swapped. This is after KaitsDad, Fairlainer, and I replaced the head gasket to not avail..

Soo, today, first ride with transplanted engine!

Excuse me a bit while I go freaking ballistic!

[*]WOO-PHOOKING-WOO, WEEEEEE-WEEEEE, WEEEEEE!

Complete RR here

but if you hate linking to an external site, and I understand if you do, here are some pix w/o narrative..

2.jpg

4.jpg

7.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

14.jpg

17.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

I have to say.. for a ride just over 150 miles, this has been one, if not, the BEST ever~!

Congrats again on the engine swap Don! :clapping:

Gotta agree with you, they'll always be an FJR in my stable! :)

--G

Special thanks to Mr. Niehart, aka Mr. Quiet, whose support enabled my contribution to FjRay's travels.

I have to say I've NEVER seen the kind of friendship and support anywhere else but on this forum..

Kudos to these peeps and Thank You!

:yahoo:

Meh, I don't like to read, so I'll take pics without narrative. And I must say, those pics are some nice ones. Congrats on getting back on the big bike again. Looks like a good time you had.

That's awesome. I'm impressed that she is all back together so fast. I'm really glad for you. Having great friends cannot be beat. I think the work done to resurrect the bike is amazing!

Last edited by a moderator:
I was sure you'd go over 10K posts before this was fixed. It's been a fun journey anyway. Thanks for taking us all along on the ride from ruin to recovery.