Napa torque wrenches

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevet

Reaction score
This past weekend I installed my new Helibar triple clamp. As such, I needed a torque wrench for a bunch of different fasteners with torque values of around 10-12 ft lbs to up over 80 ft lbs for the bike steering head nut. In my neighborhood I've got a Harbor Freight on one side of the street, and a Napa store on the other. I figured, "What the heck, it's been a long time since I've bought myself a new tool..." So I spent a bit more money (hopefully over the long run a wise move) and bought from Napa. Bought two, actually, a 3/8" drive measuring 5-80 ft lbs, and the larger 1/2" drive covering 10-150 ft lbs. The biggie would have covered all my bases for this job, but I have mainly 3/8" drive sockets, the only 1/2" drive sockets I've ever bought have been motorcycle specific. And the smaller one will be used for other stuff as well. These are Taiwanese-built units and the fit & finish, and operation, is very good. Splitting the difference between cheaper Harbor Freight units and the big-name tool makers. Just passing on a positive personal experience...

https://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/CatalogItemDetail.aspx?R=BK_7760951_0006395373

and

https://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/CatalogItemDetail.aspx?R=BK_7760950_00000773

Good on ya for buying 2 wrenches. The 1/2" drive one will not be very accurate at the lower end of its range.

If you want to check out their accuracy right outta the box, I made a post on how I checked mine here.

Thanks, Fred. I saw your method on Saturday morning when searching through the boards looking for torque wrench buying advice. Seeing that made the thought of buying the non-pro grade of wrench easier, thanks for sharing that.

Oh, and everything got a little dab of blue Lock-Tite as well.

Last edited by a moderator: