Here's an interesting Yamaha concept bike

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
188 mpg :eek: :eek:

Kind of cool looking for what it is. I wonder if my mountain bike tires would fit on those rims. Then I could ride one in the winter...Or on single track. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
COME ON!

A "concept" vehicle that looks like a 19-freaking-50's Schwinn????

That's pretty radical design work. Maybe that's why the FJR has looked essentially the same since they started making them in 2001.

The easiest thing to do would be to offer it in different colors! (There have been what like 5 stock colors in total over it's full lifetime (black, blue, silver, silver, silver, silver, grey, grey, grey, grey, cherry)?)

2001 & 2011 models

FJR2001.jpg
FJR2011.jpg

I think design work for the FJR has gone largley ignored - and probably for good reason. According to some recent posts here you can still buy NEW 2009 models from dealers floors. Bikes sitting on the dealers showroom floor for 4+/- years? That's a real problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
With that kind of mileage you'd almost have to worry about the gas going bad between fillups!

I like it. I'd get one in a second if I lived someplace more commuter friendly than Hootin'

With that kind of mileage you'd almost have to worry about the gas going bad between fillups!

I like it. I'd get one in a second if I lived someplace more commuter friendly than Hootin'
I drove/parked on 10 during rush hour in the heart of Houston once. I think the other commuters would try to take you out just for the sport of it on this motorized bicycle.

"Let’s make this clear. Gas is expensive and mopeds are emasculating."

And this little "bicycle" looking thing is more manly than a moped?! :blink:

This will never work in America...except for maybe CA. I could see this being all the rage in Singapore, Taiwan or India though. It would only work in countries that are over crowded and mopeds & bicycles are main source of transportation.

"Let’s make this clear. Gas is expensive and mopeds are emasculating."

And this little "bicycle" looking thing is more manly than a moped?! :blink:

This will never work in America...except for maybe CA. I could see this being all the rage in Singapore, Taiwan or India though. It would only work in countries that are over crowded and mopeds & bicycles are main source of transportation.
I don't agree. People are getting tired of commuting and the cores of our bigger cities are undergoing renewal on a big scale. While suburban prices are still dropping, inner DC is not the dangerous pit it was 10 years ago, and row houses are appreciating in Baltimore's Federal Hill. I see the same story elsewhere, too.

Scooters are selling in the cities like hotcakes and THE place is in-town for the young & trendy, who would snap these up.