New Toy in the Garage

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice bike, Petey. Hope to see that one at NERDS in August!

PS - now I see why you asked about V4 engine smoothness in that other thread. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Petey,Petey, you're gonnna give us oid guys a bad rep.

That's ticket me red for sure. :lol:

Renton Cycle had one on the floor couple of years ago, all tricked out with hard bags and larger touring screen,if I didn't already have an FJR.............
airboss

ME? giving us old guys a bad rep? You should talk :eek: (riding that black/fast mistress)...You know the saying, guns don't kill, it's the person holding it. :rolleyes: Bikes don't cause you to get tickets (well, that remains to be seen) it's the person that twists the wrist, NOT? :lol: :p

Dang...just...DANG.

Pretty envious here in Wheaton.

You been over to Arky yet? How does it perform on AR roads?

Congrats petey. :clapping:
Wheatie, yes, I bought the bike in Springdale, AR and took the long/twisty way home. She handles and performs as, or beyond

I expected. However, I took it easy...new to me bike and still not broke in. :)

Nice looking scoot, Petey! I was over at a local Honda dealer a couple of weeks ago and they had one in the showroom. "Interesting" looking.

So, what're ya bringing to NERDS? The VFR or the Versys???

And when's the VFR going to Alaska? I haven't seen any pictures or anything so I think you've never been there. :assassin:
Hi Geek

Probably not the VFR. Right now I'm not planing to invest in hard bags for it ($1400 list option) Therefor, it will be a different bike. Maybe the Versys, but who knows.... :unknw:

The trip to Alaska? Been there twice and not just to Hyder... :p

Hi Geek

Probably not the VFR. Right now I'm not planing to invest in hard bags for it ($1400 list option) ...
No hardbags needed for petey...have you ever seen that guy pack? The guy is so efficient that he can pack everything in 3 ziplock sandwich bags. And he only uses 3 in case he stays an extra night.

24112l3.jpg
I still can't get over how much the VFR and the CBR250R look alike.

I still can't get over how much the VFR and the CBR250R look alike.
When you posted this up Bungie I at first thought that you were intentionally trying to kick petey in the apple sacks, but I thought to myself that only our BikerGeek99 could be that muy Estupido!

But after going to Honda's website I also was shocked at just how much the two machines look alike, Honda certainly keeps the design elements identical all throughout the displacement classes!

2011-honda-cbr-250-r%205.jpg

Peter that's a mean looking red riding machine. I looked at it at a local Honda dealer when they first cane out.

Great looking bike. Congrats

$1400 Ouch!

Might want to give Twisted Throttle a shout Petey, this is the setup I use on the Ducati 848 if I want to travel.

The SW-MOTECH Bags Connection Blaze Sport Saddlebag System offers an innovative way to mount soft saddlebags onto sport-style motorcycles. The system features mounting arms that quickly attach to the motorcycle and then slip into channels located on the backside of each bag. These arms ease installation and support the bags to prevent side-to-side movement and potential contact with the exhaust or rear tire. The mounting arms detach quickly to retain the stock look of the motorcycle when the bags are removed. The Bags Connection Blaze Sport Saddlebags feature durable YKK RC-Fuse zippers and are expandable from 14 to 21 liters per bag.

Features:

• Made from high quality 1680 ballistic nylon

• Volume 14-21 liters per saddlebag

• Solid panniers prevent contact between saddlebags and tires

• Quick lock pannier bracket

• Main compartment with top loading function and outside pocket with side loading function

• Reflective trim

• RC-Fuse Zippers (RC-Fuse Video)

• 2 Year warranty

Included accessories:

-Mounting hardware

-Waterproof inner bags

15997-425x350.jpg

And the rear seat bag.

9345-425x350.jpg

And when's the VFR going to Alaska? I haven't seen any pictures or anything so I think you've never been there. :assassin:
The trip to Alaska? Been there twice and not just to Hyder... :p
I have also been to Alaska twice but unlike Petey I have the pictures to prove it.

Alaska 2006

89895004_uszpr-L.jpg

90339010_5L6pw-L.jpg

Alaska 2007 - Main Lodge at Alyeska, Girdwood AK

275665597_rxD2p-L.jpg

Peter that's a mean looking red riding machine. I looked at it at a local Honda dealer when they first cane out.

So Brother John, are you going to be able to keep up with him riding that red rascal? It was probably hard enough keeping Peter in sight when he was on his FJR, now it is going to be even tougher!

When you posted this up Bungie I at first thought that you were intentionally trying to kick petey in the apple sacks, but I thought to myself that only our BikerGeek99 could be that muy Estupido!
I'll screw with practically anybody on the planet except the Petey.

I didn't want to post a pic cuz' that'd be rude, glad you stepped up though :D

I'll screw with practically anybody on the planet except the Petey.

I didn't want to post a pic cuz' that'd be rude, glad you stepped up though :D
Thank You and You Are Welcome!

Thanks John, it's a great motorcycle. I was a little worried about the reach to the low handlebar, but I'm pleasantly surprised, not bad...I like it.

My brother just bought one of those a couple of weeks ago.

Last weekend he insisted I ride it. Well, what was I supposed to do, he is my brother. :D

He rode my FJR. He had ridden it before but had forgotten what it was like. He had many great things to say about the FJR. 'Course we already knew all that. :yahoo:
Gotta admit, Screwball, your brother's new Honda was one sweet looking ride. Would have liked to see a little more windshield, but... to each - his own. Enjoyed riding up to Daytona with you and Jim.

Gary

darksider #44

Hell Don, I couldn't keep up with Petey on his Versys. But he is considerate of some of us old guys and slows down when the roads straighten out so we can catch up.

Sneaky Slow Nosecone