1st Thursday

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It'll be the first get-together "with our bikes" of the year. :yahoo:

I plan on being there.

Unlike the article though, I doubt I'll have any "cool" dripping off of me.

Hey Scott, I was thinking of you just yesterday as I was filling up in Wabasha.
That is a good place to run into him :eek:

See what the weather looks like in the morning...the weather guessers are saying 35 :( Thats a little chilly at 4:30 AM with the sun not out yet :blink:

Hey Scott, I was thinking of you just yesterday as I was filling up in Wabasha.

Hey, Joe (now THAT might make a good name for a song....);

I was across the river from there a couple of weeks ago. It looks to me like they're finally going to re-pave county road D, just outside Nelson. It has needed it badly for years. They've cleared the trees and brush away from the road, 30 or 40 feet wide on each side. I'm guessing that road will be useless all summer, maybe longer. That's our main road for getting to all the good stuff. Gonna have to use alternate routes....

I'll be a few miles closer but unable to attend. :( I've a week plus work in Bloomingdale IL starting Thursday, but because I need a butt load of tools the bike wouldn't be practical.

Plus I actually have to work.

I usually go (early) on my KZ1000. I only know a few FJR's, some COGgers, etc so I look forward to saying hi! ;)

I might make it on Thursday. It will depend on how much energy I have left at the end of the day. This chemo stuff is wearing me down. Not much left after a day at work. Three months down, three to go. Some guys know how to have all the fun.

I can still ride. The bike is still the best therapy.

I'm still an FJR owner for another ten hours, thirty minutes damn it...

Is this thread going to be the First Thursday thread for all of 2012? (The title of the thread is "1st Thursday 6/7" but the first post was back in March)

BTW Marc, our bikes are on the screen saver at Midwest Cycle Supply. Kinda cool, one of their guys took the pics back then.

These are the pics I have from last night. I could have taken another two hundred, but for whatever reason, these caught my eye:

IMG_1498.JPG

IMG_1500.JPG

IMG_1501.JPG

IMG_1502.JPG

IMG_1503.JPG

IMG_1504.JPG

IMG_1505.JPG

IMG_1506.JPG

IMG_1507.JPG

IMG_1508.JPG

Reviewing these photos, I'm asking myself "Why the hell didn't I take a photo of that woman in the red tank top?"

Album: <Link>

Last edited by a moderator:
I was only there for about an hour but only saw Mike's bike reppin' the car tire, and an older 03 with a rifle screen and a bunch of stickers that is always there.

Nice pics Joe - somebody sure likes Jordan.

Nice pictures, Joe. Several cool bikes that I haven't seen there before. Wish I could have made it.

Still recovering from my shoulder surgery 2 weeks ago. Started this f*cking process in January, thinking I'd be good to go by summer. I'm a dumb ass. Hoping to get some riding in before it snows.....

Oh, and remember, in 2 weeks, the days start getting shorter. :angry2: